Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:24:41 pm

Author Topic: wsu or acu physiotherapy  (Read 1268 times)

helpmeplz123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
wsu or acu physiotherapy
« on: September 10, 2019, 10:45:50 pm »
Was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about the courses and which one would be better to choose. Both are approximately the same distance for me so travel time wouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: wsu or acu physiotherapy
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 07:18:09 am »
+5
Was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about the courses and which one would be better to choose. Both are approximately the same distance for me so travel time wouldn't be a problem. Thanks.
I don't know a heap as I don't study at either of those unis, but I am study physiotherapy in Vic :)

From what I've heard, ACU has one of the most highly regarded courses in Australia for physio. The teaching staff is meant to be really good quality and are involved in research. I believe one of the neurology lecturers/tutors developed the StrokeEd course, which is a really popular PD choice for graduate physios. I've seen some of the content from this course and it's really good.

That being said, courses across Australia all have to meet strict guidelines in order to be accredited by the APA and AHPRA. So the actual content doesn't vary much from uni to uni, its just the teaching staff and how the course is structured that differs.

helpmeplz123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 03:24:34 pm »
I don't know a heap as I don't study at either of those unis, but I am study physiotherapy in Vic :)

From what I've heard, ACU has one of the most highly regarded courses in Australia for physio. The teaching staff is meant to be really good quality and are involved in research. I believe one of the neurology lecturers/tutors developed the StrokeEd course, which is a really popular PD choice for graduate physios. I've seen some of the content from this course and it's really good.

That being said, courses across Australia all have to meet strict guidelines in order to be accredited by the APA and AHPRA. So the actual content doesn't vary much from uni to uni, its just the teaching staff and how the course is structured that differs.
Thanks a lot! Will take that into account. Much appreciated :)

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 08:54:34 pm »
+2
hiya!
you can compare both unis @ qilt.edu.au :)

hope this helps!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}