Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:50:12 am

Author Topic: $30 [For 2021!] Health & Human Development 3&4 EXAM REVISION PACKS :)  (Read 23008 times)  Share 

yearningforsimplicity

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Former ATARNotes HHD & Psych Lecturer & Author
Hello! :D

I have been selling these HHD resource/revision packs since 2012. The resources in this pack are designed to support you in building up your understanding, application and analysis skills for concepts across Units 3&4 HHD as well as exam performance. I've made the relevant updates to be consistent with the 2018-2022 Health & HD Study Design and the pack is ready to go!  ;D

Here's a summary of the resources within the HHD Revision Pack:
• My Answering Questions Guide for HHD Units 3&4: a 32 page guide in which I explain what to include & avoid in answers to maximise marks as well as general tips for structuring answers, when and where to include certain key terms, and little pointers as to what errors/mistakes students commonly make. The Answering Questions Guide covers Qs from every single key-knowledge dot point of the new 2018-2022 study design.
• My typed-up HHD Notes fully updated for the new study design - this totals to a clear, concise and easy to understand 75 pages of notes for the whole year's content - in these notes, I always link back to key concepts wherever required (as per the study design) such as health status, health and wellbeing etc and I also include mnemonics/memory tips for different topics to enhance your retention of content. The new WHO priorities (as of 2019) have been updated in the notes as well.
• HHD Trial Exams which pertain to the 2018-2022 HHD Study Design key knowledge content and skills
• SACs which relate to the new study design content and skills for each outcome - so you can attempt a full practice SAC prior to doing your real SAC in class.
• Solutions for the 2018 VCAA Sample Questions for HHD
• My 25 tips to maximise HHD SAC/Exam performance sheet to help you know how to get the most out of HHD
• A list of the content changes for the 2018 HHD study design as compared to the previous study design and a summary of relevant VCAA Questions from the older (i.e. prior to 2018) exams.
• Sample responses which outline how to answer the health visual 'info-graphic' data-analysis style questions
•   A short 'advice guide' where I outline how to best approach reading and writing time in the HHD exam
•  Some tips for HHD from a VCAA HHD Assessors' Seminar
•   A list of youtube video clip links for content which will help you to further consolidate your knowledge of topics
•  PowerPoints which summarise the content for topics in HHD in a visual and succinct way

In conjunction to the above, the HHD pack ALSO contains:
•   HHD practice exams from past study design - although these are for the previous study design, they still contain content which is applicable to the new 2018-2022 study design (e.g. Sustainable Development Goals, Variations in Health Status in Population Groups, Healthy eating in Australia, Human Development, etc). These can be valuable as the more questions, the better you can prepare!
•   Some older HHD SACs (e.g. Data Analysis, Short/Extended Answer Tests, Case Study etc) - again, while these are not for the new study design, they still contain Qs for content relevant to the 2018-2022 study design and which may be good to practice.

Please email me ([email protected]) if you are interested in purchasing the pack :)

E-Resource Pack - $30
 I'll email you a link to a Drive where you can download all the resources (soft-copies) at your own leisure. This is very quick if you want the resources asap and also great value for a bundle of resources which will support you in doing your best in HHD! Also, the resources are all in clearly labelled folders so it'll be easy for you to navigate and find/download what you need :)

If you'd like to buy an exam revision resource pack or have any questions, please feel free to ask me via email ([email protected]) and also please let me know what payment option suits you best (Bank Deposit/Transfer or PayPal).

P.s. I've attached sample pages of my notes and Answering Qs guide so you get an idea of what they're like before deciding whether you want to go on to purchase the pack :)

HAPPY HHD STUDYING!!! :D Hope you all do amazingly and get the wonderful scores you deserve!!! :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 09:56:58 am by yearningforsimplicity »
2011: English | Methods | Psychology | Health & Human Development | Legal Studies | Texts & Traditions
2012: B.A. (Psychology) @ UniMelb
2015-16: Master of Teaching (Secondary: Psychology/Health) @ UniMelb
2017- Teaching Psych & HHD :D

Happy to help out with; Health & HD(48), Psych(48), Qs about UniMelb Psych or MTeach courses :D

*Doing Health & Human Development in 2021?* :D
yearningforsimplicity's HHD 3&4 EXAM REVISION PACKS :)

peterpan101

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Re: yearningforsimplicity's HHD 3&4 EXAM REVISION PACKS :)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:11:35 am »
Are these packs going to have questions from this year ?

yearningforsimplicity

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 12:15:45 pm »

From the 2012 VCAA exam? Yupp I will be writing detailed solutions for the 2012 VCAA exam (once the exam is released) and will be adding any further 2013 Q's/practice exams that I get next year :)
2011: English | Methods | Psychology | Health & Human Development | Legal Studies | Texts & Traditions

Happy to help out with; Health & HD(48), Psych(48), Qs about UniMelb Psych or MTeach courses :D

peterpan101

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »

From the 2012 VCAA exam? Yupp I will be writing detailed solutions for the 2012 VCAA exam (once the exam is released) and will be adding any further 2013 Q's/practice exams that I get next year :)

When will they be ready by?

methods 1 2 resources

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:09:51 pm »
Hiiiiiiii HHD kiddos! :D  :D

Like 2012 and 2013, I'll be selling my HHD 3&4 Exam Revision Packs with various updates for the new 2014 study design! :) To be specific, these packs contain:

• My 26 page "Answering HHD 3&4 Questions Guide"
(In this, I outline how to structure high scoring responses to HHD Q's, and I explain what to include (and avoid!) in answers to maximise marks. I incorporate my answers for Qs from every key-knowledge dot point of the study design and make comparisons between "high scoring" and "low scoring" responses. A sample of my "HHD 3&4 Answering Questions guide" can be found below :)). I have updated and added more Qs for both the existing and newer dot points of the 2014 study design (e.g. new Qs for Immunisation program in Unit 4 Outcome 2) and have removed older topic Qs that are no longer in the study design (e.g. NRV Qs/FSANZ Qs).
• 8 practice exams I made (with solutions) + more company practice exams in the cd (see below)
• Explanation of certain methods you can use to answer the higher-level 6-8 mark HHD Q's that test your knowledge of "interrelationships between health, human development and sustainability/sustainable human development" and the more analytical Q's asking for impacts on "health" and "health status"
• 20 tips for good HHD exam technique to maximise exam score
• Detailed explanations of the more ambiguous and misunderstood HHD topics + fact sheet for the new 9th NHPA - Dementia
• Complete detailed solutions I've typed up for 2012 VCAA exam. I'll also type up answers for the (when it's published) 2013 VCAA HHD exam :)
In conjunction to the above, the pack will also have a SEPARATE CD that contains:-
•   21 HHD company exams from 2010-2013 (Insight, Neap, TSSM, QATS, ACHPER, Home Economics Victoria, Kilbaha, CSE, Exam Cafe)
•   HHD SACs for each outcome of Unit 3&4 (SACS are of different types - e.g. Data Analysis, Short/Extended Answer Tests, Case Study SACS)
•   Jacaranda studyON unit 3&4 HHD summary (dot-point format) flashcards
•   Jacaranda studyON unit 3&4 HHD Videos
•   My typed-up year 12 HHD Units 3&4 Notes for each Area of Study
•   Question booklets for each Area of Study in 3&4 HHD
•   Complete 3&4 course revision Questions (with solutions)
•   Multiple choice tests (with solutions) for all topics in unit 3&4 HHD
•   Powerpoint pdfs from HHD Seminar
•   A list of youtube videos that helped consolidate my understanding of some HHD concepts
•  An alternative HHD 3&4 full pdf textbook (for the 2014 study design)

If you were interested in purchasing a HHD Exam Revision Pack, there are 3 options :D :-

1) Printed Pack with resources CD - $35
If you'd like my HHD Answering Q's Guide and my 8 practice exams (which total up to ~100 pages) pre-printed separately (along with the separate cd that has the rest of all the company exams, notes & resources), then the pack will cost $35 to cover printing costs :)
I can give this pack to you in hand at a mutually convenient time/place OR I can post/mail the pack out to you :) Although as you can imagine, there's a small extra $3 postage fee for mailing ~100 pages + the cd (sorry!) as well as a 1-2 day wait before the pack arrives in the mail :)

2) CD Pack - $30
For this option, I'll just put ALL the resources from the HHD exam revision pack onto a CD which I'll post/mail out to you :)

3) Emailed Pack - $30
For this option, I'll email you the pack, attaching ALL the resources mentioned above - I've emailed the pack to heaps of students on here already (through attachments in 9-10 separate email messages) so it won't be a problem! :) Also, the emailed resources are categorised so they won't be cluttered or hard to find in your inbox and you'll still receive every resource down to the very last flashcard~ :)

Payment can be made through Cash / PayPal / or Bank Deposit :)

If you're interested in buying an exam revision pack or have any questions, please feel free to let me know through inbox/PM :D

HAPPY HHD STUDYING & ALL THE BEST FOR THE EXAM! I hope you guys do amazingly!! ;D
If you need any help at all, pleaseee feel free to ask me as I'm really more than happy to help!!  :D :D

EDIT: sample hhd resources from the pack
P.s. Here's two exams I made for my revision pack:
yearningforsimplicity's HHD Unit 3&4 exam! :)
yearningforsimplicity's HHD Unit 3 exam!

and some tips for using reading & writing time in the exam! :)
How do I use reading and writing time effectively in the HHD exam! :)

I've also attached the first page from my "HHD 3&4 Answering Questions Guide" and one of my practice SACS below as a sample that you can download :D

can i purchase the back?

Billion

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 09:38:55 pm »
I honestly endorse this HHD pack!
It has pretty much everything you need for the year.
I credit my 45+ study score for HHD to this pack, it will save you sooooooo much time, especially since HHD had a lot of content!

teletubbies_95

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • heartbreaker <3 JB
  • School: Mac.Rob
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 09:43:07 pm »
I honestly endorse this HHD pack!
It has pretty much everything you need for the year.
I credit my 45+ study score for HHD to this pack, it will save you sooooooo much time, especially since HHD had a lot of content!

MEEEE TOOOOO ^^^
2012: Psychology(46) Biology (44)
2013: Chem(41)---EngLang(44)--HealthnHuman(47)---Methods(41)--DEAKIN PSYCH(4.5)
ATAR=99.10! :) umat=94ile
i liek lala :) arre bhaiya aal izz well :) <3

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 12:32:54 pm »
I would like to purchase the first pack. 
'My belief is stronger than your doubt'

mishypop

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 11:45:14 pm »
What do you mean by "An alternative HHD 3&4 full pdf textbook (for the 2014 study design)" and will it include flashcards that correlate to the new 2014 study design?
2014 - English, Methods, Biology, Chemistry, Health and Human Development

yearningforsimplicity

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 12:13:08 am »
I would like to purchase the first pack. 
Woops, sorry! I didn't see this before PM-ing you haha :)

What do you mean by "An alternative HHD 3&4 full pdf textbook (for the 2014 study design)" and will it include flashcards that correlate to the new 2014 study design?
It's a pdf version of a HHD textbook (in other words, a HHD e-book) for the new study design and yupp the summary flashcards will comply to the new study design content :)

Edward21

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Don't ask me, all I do is calculate pH.
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 01:19:41 am »
If this helps, I totally recommend purchasing this! It was insane value for the price, the best resource there is for HHD, because there's practically only exams and a checkpoint book available, so if you're serious about the subject, buy it! :D #endorsed ;)
2012 Biology [44] 2013 Chemistry [50] Italian [38] English [48] Health & HD [45] Methods [34] ATAR: 99.10

2014-2016 Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 05:41:40 pm »
If this helps, I totally recommend purchasing this! It was insane value for the price, the best resource there is for HHD, because there's practically only exams and a checkpoint book available, so if you're serious about the subject, buy it! :D #endorsed ;)

Do you recommend the check points?

teletubbies_95

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • heartbreaker <3 JB
  • School: Mac.Rob
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 07:09:50 pm »
I was looking through the new 2013 Checkpoints for HHD at a bookstore and they haven't really changed the questions since 2013.
There are changes to the study design, so I would buy if you choose too!
2012: Psychology(46) Biology (44)
2013: Chem(41)---EngLang(44)--HealthnHuman(47)---Methods(41)--DEAKIN PSYCH(4.5)
ATAR=99.10! :) umat=94ile
i liek lala :) arre bhaiya aal izz well :) <3

yearningforsimplicity

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 07:35:18 pm »
I was looking through the new 2013 Checkpoints for HHD at a bookstore and they haven't really changed the questions since 2013.
There are changes to the study design, so I would buy if you choose too!

So true! They've only had minor changes for this study design so past exams are still relevant :) It's not like they've changed whole area of studies or anything :)

Here are some changes for the new study design so you can sort of pick out what Qs are still relevant from past exams :D Main changes for the new HHD 2014-2017 study design! :)

Only Cheating Yourself

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »
So true! They've only had minor changes for this study design so past exams are still relevant :) It's not like they've changed whole area of studies or anything :)

Here are some changes for the new study design so you can sort of pick out what Qs are still relevant from past exams :D Main changes for the new HHD 2014-2017 study design! :)

Can reply to your pm?