Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:40:22 am

Author Topic: What should I do during the holidays??  (Read 940 times)  Share 

Sherlock.Holmes

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
What should I do during the holidays??
« on: January 21, 2020, 01:10:00 pm »
There's only 9 days left and I haven't done any English studying!  I'm not too sure what to do ://

Vanshikav03

• Adventurer
Re: What should I do during the holidays??
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:00:43 pm »
hey, I'm also in the same position as you. I would suggest reading your allocated English texts now to save time later on in the year. If your school is also studying a film, I would suggest watching that too. Also, if you have any English SACS coming up early in term 1, perhaps read some essays and start thinking about significant quotes or ideas that you found interesting. If you really want to get ahead, maybe find some prompts online and start making an essay plan. hope this helps and don't worry too much about not having done anything! :)
Biology | Chemistry | psychology | English | Methods |
industry & enterprise 2019

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 02:14:08 pm »
+1
There's only 9 days left and I haven't done any English studying!  I'm not too sure what to do ://

Hi Sherlock!

If you haven't started on holiday homework, I would heavily advise you get that done first! If that is already done, take the time to re-read/watch your English texts and take a few notes here and there. Sometimes, your school may provide a schedule of what type of SAC you would have first (creative, Text Response, LA, Comparative) which I would recommend just looking over the criteria it will be marked against so you have an idea of what you need to do. Other than that, maybe read some opinion pieces to get your head back into Argument Analysis?
If you have certain problems in English (e.g. Vocab/Essay-structuring/Formation of Ideas) it might be a good idea just to revise a little? So long as you have read/watched your texts you will be fine with English so don't worry too much :D

jinaede1342

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 04:36:39 pm »
+1
It can often be overwhelming when you realise there are only a few days left and little progress has been made. I’d recommend that you read/reread the first text that you will be studying for the year and if you have been prescribed some kind of study guide giving that a quick skim may also be good. Honestly, English is really hard to study for in the sense that your best chance in doing well is just to listen to your teacher carefully. By far, I had placed the least effort into this subject all year and I did not read a few of my texts too! Don’t stress just yet!
VCE: | English [48] | Global Politics [44] | Biology [40] | Chemistry [36] | French [34] | Methods [32]
ATAR: 98.40
2020: Bachelor of Laws (honours)/ Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

Selling Global Politics responses + English/Global feedback and essay correction: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189680.0

Global Politics Tuition via Zoom - PM for details

zenath88

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 07:18:46 pm »
+1
Hi Sherlock,
Even though there's still 9 days before school holiday ends, honestly don't stress too much. As for what you can do during the remaining few days, I strongly recommend that you complete any holiday homework that your teacher has assigned to you prior to the summer break as your teacher will most likely go through it when school starts. This will also go towards helping you have a great start in your VCE English journey!! You should also have a look at your SAC timetable to see which English sac will come first. If it's the text response then I strongly suggest that you have a read through the text and have a good think about the prevailing themes and ideas throughout the books. If its the oral presentation, then it's definitely worthwhile having a look at contentious issues within the media as this will help you select a topic that interests you and you can get a head start!! Best of luck in VCE English and for all your other subjects!!

Sherlock.Holmes

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 10:48:09 pm »
Thank you everyone for your help!! I'm nearly done reading all texts and watched the film. I've started taking some notes and hopefully will complete some essays 🙏🏽