Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:18:20 pm

Author Topic: Year 11 exam prep struggles  (Read 3509 times)  Share 

vegetables112

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Year 11 exam prep struggles
« on: November 14, 2021, 03:52:05 pm »
+1
I'm really struggling to find decent practice/past exams for year 11 content. I've already used the materials up on SCSA, and most other resources i find are either for year 12 or are VCE.

Anyone else having the same issues, or know decent places to look?

eumarise

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Year 11 exam prep struggles
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 07:01:22 pm »
+2
I know the exams are over now and yes I was having the same issue with limited practice tests because my school doesn't offer them and Wace simply doesn't have adequate resources but what I did to study after I ate up all the exams was just covering things I got wrong, Griding out Khan academy and if it's your thing making and reviewing flashcards.
personally, I enjoy drawing mind maps for difficult concepts or just making my own questions based on the subject you're studying.
Anyway I hope the exams went well for you and happy studies for year 12, we got this :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Year 11 exam prep struggles
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 12:14:40 pm »
+2
Year 11 resources are generally much harder to find than year 12 so I hope you find it easier to get good resources next year!

For low resource situations it becomes more important to know the syllabus so you can use non-WACE resources (e.g. from other states or international) effectively. Some subjects have strong inter-state crossover which can help, especially if entire topics are basically the same. For example, physics tends to be very consistent across states.