Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:47 pm

Author Topic: Redo methods or not??  (Read 877 times)

Rose34

• Trendsetter
Redo methods or not??
« on: November 06, 2021, 01:17:56 am »
Hey guys,
Sorry for the long writing..
I am really worried for my methods exam, I am in year 11 currently so I have the chance to redo methods in 2022. My average SAC scores were 47% which is really bad I know.. my ranking is 46 out of 73 students which is the worst...
To be honest, I want to get 30 raw but that does not seem so likely because when I discussed the matter with my teacher he said I will defintely get +25 study score but he was not sure if I could get a 30. To be honest, I was good at math, I used to get +90% for every test, but when I started doing methods in year 10 it dropped to 70% and now in year 11 it dropped to 47% the reason is because I do not struggle with understanding the concepts but rather I struggle with understanding what the question is really asking. English is not my first laguage so when it comes to application questions, I struggle to understand the wording of the question. From what I discussed with my teacher, he said I have a chance of getting 35-40 raw in further as the wording of the questions is less confusing. Do you guys think I should redo methods next year? do you think I could imporve my score if I redo methods? or should I just do further? If there is anyone who redid methods, did you guys see any improvement in your scores?   

Thanks in advance,
Rose.

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
Re: Redo methods or not??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 11:42:20 am »
Most preresiquites for university have it as 25 for methods, so if you can get 25 or higher, than I wouldn't reccomend it. The atar is only to get you into a university (if u wish to go) so I feel as though it wouldn't be worth repeating. It is just extra stress that you wouldn't need really, and doing further will hopefully prove easier. I know you wanted a 30, but in the end it isn't that big a deal, a 25 in methods is still pretty good and honestly if you are doing 5 or 6 subjects, it may not even impact ur atar at all assuming ur other subjects are higher than 25. The only POTENTIAL reason fo redoing it is if you get lower than 25, and it is needed to get into a course you want, but ultimately that is up to you :), for now foccus on exams and (I know this is difficult) relax, its been a tough year for everybody so good job just making it through the year!
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.