Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 08:24:16 pm

Author Topic: Research investigation help  (Read 2461 times)

jasmine24

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Research investigation help
« on: July 16, 2021, 02:19:19 am »
My claim is on whether humans will stand on a planet outside our solar system and the main evidence i could find was mathematical evidence but I'm not sure how to analyse trends/patterns/relationships. For research investigations, I would usually use graphs as my evidence so that part would be easy but i don't know what kind of graphs would be able to be used with the claim

Any help would be appreciated :)

K.Smithy

• QLD MVP - 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • "We are the cosmos made conscious." B.C. (she/her)
  • Respect: +396
Re: Research investigation help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 07:40:40 pm »
+1
Hey Jasmine24,
Could you share some links to the evidence you've found? I'll try to see if I can help in some way
Katelyn
QCE 2020: Physics (92) || Psychology (96) || Biology (93) || Methods (79) || English (98) || SOR (91)
ATAR: 98.40
2021-2024: Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) @ UQ

Uni Journal ; U3 Bio ; U3 Psych ; U3 Physics

jasmine24

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: Research investigation help
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 08:11:35 pm »
Hey Jasmine24,
Could you share some links to the evidence you've found? I'll try to see if I can help in some way
Katelyn

I haven't found specific evidence but so far the brief structure of my report is:

1) how because of special relativity, interstellar travel is possible
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/12/18/does-einsteins-theory-of-relativity-imply-that-interstellar-space-travel-is-impossible/?sh=57cabb86143b
I would obviously need to find evidence from a more scientific source but I'm having difficulty understanding exactly what it means, specifically how acceleration relates to it. I also want to use mathematical evidence, ie. formulas for time dilation/length contraction in this section

2) A case study: Project daedalus (I chose this as it is powered by nuclear fusion and since I do alternative sequence, Unit 1 Topic 2: Ionising radiation and nuclear reactions, of the general syllabus is in Unit 4 of the alternative sequence). The issue with this is that I can describe it but I don't know how to analyse it

3) Im not sure if would have a third piece of evidence but my teacher said i could talk about delta v but I'm unsure what it means

thank you :)