Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:03:15 pm

Author Topic: Tips on transferring from a different university to monash  (Read 1331 times)  Share 

ndog232

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Tips on transferring from a different university to monash
« on: July 01, 2021, 10:44:15 pm »
Hello everyone,

I've just finished my first semester of university after not receiving an offer for Monash Bachelor of Engineering. While I don't mind the university that I am at I still really want to go to Monash, I'm planning to apply via VTAC at the end of the year, not midyear due to the engineering department not taking any midyear applications. I need at least a 70% average to be eligible for admission rather than 65% due to not satisfying the ATAR requirement (I do satisfy the subject requirements though). But I know that admission is competitive so I think getting well over the minimum is necessary.

But what I want to know from you guys is has anyone been in the same position as me? Where they've transferred after one or so years at another university.  How much where you over admission percentage were you? What course was it into? And what do you guys recommend I aim for in terms of an average to have a decent chance of admission?

People that have transferred into Monash Bachelor of Engineering from another Uni would really help but all feedback is helpful.

Thanks in advance.  :) :) :)

EXTRA INFO: I'm studying engineering at another university and am first year, I finished Year 12 in 2020 (Atar was 74.7).