Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:48:53 pm

Author Topic: UAC Question Thread  (Read 109262 times)  Share 

SEasternCry

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Re: UAC Question Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2018, 07:03:29 am »
I did a bit of a screw-up with my preferences and am worried if the my actual desired preference which is Bachelor of Pharmacy at usyd which I didn’t get today round 2 offers could all be taken because it is such a popular course. ~probably 500 students a year. What if there are no spots for me on the Jan. round 1 offers? What do I do? I got accepted into UTS for Bachelor of Adv. Sci. (pharm. sci.)

edit: i managed to get above the GA for the usyd course.

Best Regards
2017 HSC
Mathematics (Advanced): 98
2018 HSC
Mathematics Extension 1:95
Mathematics Extension 2:86
Chemistry: just a number
Physics: just a number
English (Advanced): just a number
Atar: just a number

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2018, 07:09:13 am »
+1
I did a bit of a screw-up with my preferences and am worried if the my actual desired preference which is Bachelor of Pharmacy at usyd which I didn’t get today round 2 offers could all be taken because it is such a popular course. ~probably 500 students a year. What if there are no spots for me on the Jan. round 1 offers? What do I do? I got accepted into UTS for Bachelor of Adv. Sci. (pharm. sci.)

edit: i managed to get above the GA for the usyd course.

Best Regards

Hey! I'd say if you moved that course to Preference #1 in the next round, you should get an offer to it :) in the meantime enrol in UTS Pharm Sci as a backup! :)

superjerry12

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2018, 07:16:57 am »
Hey so I got a Bachelor of Commerce offer from USYD.

1. How do I accept the offer?
2. I also had a conditional offer for an IBB scholarship, does anyone know when USYD will contact us whether we're successful or not,

forbiddensoulxx

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2018, 07:50:25 am »
Does anyone know when scholarship offers are released? I already got an offer and I’m hoping to get a scholarship offer as welll.
VCE
Spoiler
2017: Psychology [45]
2018: Economics [50] Legal Studies [42] Methods [37] Accounting [46] English Language [36]
ATAR: 98.4
Open to tutoring and selling notes for some of these subjects, PM me for more details!

Uni
Spoiler
Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2018, 08:38:49 am »
Does anyone know if the UNSW Women in Engineering scholarship offers have been released? I'm a bit confused because they say you need to come in for the interview (which is in November) but when I checked the status on Scholarships Online it says it's still being reviewed.

Also, since I didn't take Extension Math, would it be recommended to take a bridging course or could I survive MATH1131 without it?
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2018, 08:45:20 am »
+5
Also, since I didn't take Extension Math, would it be recommended to take a bridging course or could I survive MATH1131 without it?
I personally think going into MATH1131 with just 2U is a bit rough. Makes the learning curve between high school math and university math a bit too big.

So yeah, a bridging course is a heaps safer option (but in theory you can also self learn stuff).

emily_p

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2018, 04:29:11 pm »
Hey all! My first UAC preference was USyd Commerce (95 atar) and I got 94.55. Knowing that USyd is pretty competitive, what are the chances that I'll get an offer in a January round? It's still as first preference in my list.
HSC 2018 || English Adv | English Ext 1 | Maths | Maths Ext 1 | Economics | Chemistry | Legal Studies

ATAR: 94.55

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2018, 04:58:37 pm »
+1
Hey all! My first UAC preference was USyd Commerce (95 atar) and I got 94.55. Knowing that USyd is pretty competitive, what are the chances that I'll get an offer in a January round? It's still as first preference in my list.

Hi...

So the atar cut-off for this particular course, B Commerce @ USYD, is a guaranteed atar. That means if someone got 95 or over, they would receive an offer if it their highest eligible preference on UAC. But a guarantee is just that: a guarantee. Thus, there are still offers given to people under the guaranteed cut-off.

Since you are less than 0.5 from the cut-off, I would say that you are in with a reasonable chance of getting that offer in the January rounds. Yep, Sydney is competitive, and it definitely depends on how many people accepted/declined an offer in earlier rounds, but there is still a good chance.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

emily_p

• Trailblazer
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2019, 02:00:10 pm »
Hi...

So the atar cut-off for this particular course, B Commerce @ USYD, is a guaranteed atar. That means if someone got 95 or over, they would receive an offer if it their highest eligible preference on UAC. But a guarantee is just that: a guarantee. Thus, there are still offers given to people under the guaranteed cut-off.

Since you are less than 0.5 from the cut-off, I would say that you are in with a reasonable chance of getting that offer in the January rounds. Yep, Sydney is competitive, and it definitely depends on how many people accepted/declined an offer in earlier rounds, but there is still a good chance.  :)

Hey thanks for replying! Sorry this is a little late, should probably have checked the forums but yeah at least I have a little bit of hope now. I didn’t make it this round, would you suggest I wait until the next or enrol (can we still get offers if we enrol?)

Also would anyone happen to know where the lowest selection rank info is for USyd, I can’t find it on their course pages!

Thanks in advance!
HSC 2018 || English Adv | English Ext 1 | Maths | Maths Ext 1 | Economics | Chemistry | Legal Studies

kauac

• Forum Leader
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2019, 03:00:46 pm »
+1

Hey thanks for replying! Sorry this is a little late, should probably have checked the forums but yeah at least I have a little bit of hope now. I didn’t make it this round, would you suggest I wait until the next or enrol (can we still get offers if we enrol?)

Also would anyone happen to know where the lowest selection rank info is for USyd, I can’t find it on their course pages!

Thanks in advance!

Hi, me again!  ;)

If you have received an offer already for another course, and you can see yourself studying it, then I would encourage you to enrol in this course. You can still receive other offers (like your first preference @ USYD) when you are enrolled in another course. In other words, don't give up on that dream course yet! There are still more rounds to come. :)

If you do end up getting into another course and don't want to study the one you are enrolled in, make sure you contact that uni before the census date (otherwise you will have to pay the tuition fees for that semester  :o).

Here's the UAC ATAR Profile for January Round 1. It says that there are still vacancies in the B Commerce @ USYD. The lowest ATAR that received an offer for it this round was 90.15 (but selection rank was 95.00). You can also view similar information for the December Round.

emily_p

• Trailblazer
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2019, 07:57:01 pm »
Hi, me again!  ;)

If you have received an offer already for another course, and you can see yourself studying it, then I would encourage you to enrol in this course. You can still receive other offers (like your first preference @ USYD) when you are enrolled in another course. In other words, don't give up on that dream course yet! There are still more rounds to come. :)

If you do end up getting into another course and don't want to study the one you are enrolled in, make sure you contact that uni before the census date (otherwise you will have to pay the tuition fees for that semester  :o).

Here's the UAC ATAR Profile for January Round 1. It says that there are still vacancies in the B Commerce @ USYD. The lowest ATAR that received an offer for it this round was 90.15 (but selection rank was 95.00). You can also view similar information for the December Round.

Ahh ok thank you, I'll definitely wait enrolling out then! And thanks so much for the link you're an absolute legend!!  ;D ;D

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2019, 08:08:04 pm »
+1
Ahh ok thank you, I'll definitely wait enrolling out then! And thanks so much for the link you're an absolute legend!!  ;D ;D

Hey!

Just adding on but definitely wait out! I know USYD does give out offers lower than the cut off because like yesterday I got an offer for USYD Law which is 99.5 and I got 99.10. So definitely hold tight and hopefully you get into your dream degree ;D
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

emily_p

• Trailblazer
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2019, 02:44:29 pm »
Hey!

Just adding on but definitely wait out! I know USYD does give out offers lower than the cut off because like yesterday I got an offer for USYD Law which is 99.5 and I got 99.10. So definitely hold tight and hopefully you get into your dream degree ;D

Thanks so much that’s really comforting! And congrats on such a high atar :D :D

kauac

• Forum Leader
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2019, 10:01:04 am »
Hey, having a bit of trouble trying to decline an offer at WSU... There is no option to decline on the UAC website, or through the WSU student portal.

Should I just send an email to WSU admissions?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2019, 06:55:45 pm »
Hey, having a bit of trouble trying to decline an offer at WSU... There is no option to decline on the UAC website, or through the WSU student portal.

Should I just send an email to WSU admissions?

Yup! :)