Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 05:48:19 pm

Author Topic: You Ready?  (Read 1667 times)  Share 

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
  • School Grad Year: 2011
You Ready?
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:41:17 pm »
Ok guys, just cause I feel in the mood, what has been the most interesting topic you have learnt about this unit? Anyone still feel unclear about anything? I'm in such a great mood right now, to knock this exam over with all my effort, so confident. :D I wish everyone the best of luck and you all use your brainpower to your best of your ability. :P

And I most of you people want a research methods essay ;) but I'm going to be an ass and hope for a brain or nervous system related one.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

REBORN

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +74
Re: You Ready?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:53:02 pm »
Fav topic: Brain & NS

I will use my brainpower in the form of my association areas which will integrate information from all my lobes to manifest a coherent response to any bitch of a question and obliterate the Psych exam in the process.

Or so I hope
Doctor of Medicine

Anon123

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 07:55:23 pm »
if its anything other than temp lobe/all lobes during daily life/activity or a research methods essay.
GG
Re: Silly things you did during the exam..
I accidentally wrote a really shit context essay, oh wai-

English (33>31)
called it

Zafaraaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 07:59:27 pm »
Most interesting would have to be Perceptual anomalies and Consciousness from AOS1 and All of Memory =) and most horrible would have to be Brain research methods and imaging techniques eww..

I'm hoping it's not one of those complex extended responses.. like "how do all lobes interact when bla bla bla"
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato

MeLucky

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:19:03 pm »
I'm actually hoping it won't be a research methods essay type question because I haven't done enough revision on that topic :S
I'd prefer a question that will tell us specifically what they want us to write. For example, someone is in an alcohol-induced state, state what the difference is between NWC and ASC. Then identify and describe what physiological characteristics would be.

I'm hoping something like that.
Bleh.

nemolala

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:12:28 pm »
i really hate the brain imaging techniques. they somehow never stick

most interesting? sleep and  the brain

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 08:43:51 pm »
I was quite disappointed from the lack of brain type questions on the brain and the amount of brain scanning techniques seemed a bit significant. It seemed like a really random exam to prepare for, but I was laughing once I was in there.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

ReganM

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • What is being active?
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 11:22:57 pm »
I have to agree, it was a pretty random exam.

There was barely anything memory, I remembered all those theories of forgetting, the models of memory, durations and capacities for nothing, LOL.
Graduated in 2011.

Bachelor of Science at Melbourne. Biological Science subjects.

Darren

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 11:37:59 pm »
I hope the cuttoff is really low, that exam was a bloody random piece of crap

Anon123

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 01:34:09 pm »
disappointed how they allocated lots of marks to the more obscure stuff, but there wasn't any big question on the functioning of the lobes (even a 2-3 mark question....), or as others mentioned, stuff about memories, all the big theories and that, yet they ask about interference theory, change blindness and aphasia....seriously? and then alzheimers, i dont think anyone was expecting that to be the 15 mark question, i was expecting it as a SA question at most...
Re: Silly things you did during the exam..
I accidentally wrote a really shit context essay, oh wai-

English (33>31)
called it