Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:02:32 pm

Author Topic: GLP MQ  (Read 5487 times)  Share 

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
  • Respect: 0
GLP MQ
« on: September 13, 2016, 03:02:57 pm »
Hey Guys,

I am in year 12 and just got accepted for the GLP programme. Its getting really confusing because initially I thought it was just for a basic early entry due to extra curricular activities and some school achievements. As of accepting the offer, it sounds like its a whole different course connected with the course you elected to study.

Anyone doing it or got into Maquarie with this program, btw am I right in saying I gained early entry??

Thanks
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
Re: GLP MQ
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 11:40:47 pm »
I got accepted into the program as well this year!! Congrats!! :D

Yeah I think, from what I researched, its like a extracurricular program on the side from your studies. And yeah we got an early entry, which course did you get into?? :D
HSC 2016
ATAR Aim: >85

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

ATAR 2016: 91.10

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 11:47:12 pm »
I got accepted into the program as well this year!! Congrats!! :D

Yeah I think, from what I researched, its like a extracurricular program on the side from your studies. And yeah we got an early entry, which course did you get into?? :D
Engineering, probably not going to use it though as Maquarie is not known for its Engineering programme. I want to do mechatronics so... maybe a transfer after first year?

What did you get into?
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

unnecessaryfeelings

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 11:52:11 pm »
I got into Law. I did the application last minute and got in HAHAHA

Yeah Macquarie is like my third preference as I'm not particuarly familiar with what they offer in their faculty that differentiates them from other unis. Then again I'm not picky because I know I'm going to do awful in my exams

Its early offer December round, so what I'm (hoping) to do is accept the offer first, then change my preferences and see if I can get my higher preferences in the main round.  Not sure if I can but there's no hurt in trying!
HSC 2016
ATAR Aim: >85

Subjects:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Economics
General Mathematics 2
Legal Studies
History Extension
Modern History

ATAR 2016: 91.10

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 12:06:08 am »
I got into Law. I did the application last minute and got in HAHAHA

Yeah Macquarie is like my third preference as I'm not particuarly familiar with what they offer in their faculty that differentiates them from other unis. Then again I'm not picky because I know I'm going to do awful in my exams

Its early offer December round, so what I'm (hoping) to do is accept the offer first, then change my preferences and see if I can get my higher preferences in the main round.  Not sure if I can but there's no hurt in trying!

So here is some info I have learnt:

- IT NEEDS TO BE YOUR FIRST PREFERENCE, SO CHANGE IT NOW!!!!!!!
- You are able to change the order after the offer has been made
- Have fun, might see you at the GLP Night
  <-- CLICK ME