Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:50:00 am

Author Topic: Bad Teachers  (Read 1381 times)  Share 

M.Sullivan

• Adventurer
  • I'm 17 but have the back pain of an 80 yo
  • Respect: +4
Bad Teachers
« on: October 23, 2018, 05:36:55 pm »
Hey!
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for going through year 12 Eng lang with a bad teacher. The best teacher at my school has left so now I'm kinda scared I'll get the same teacher I had this year. She's entertaining but doesn't give out any notes and never presents things in a logical manner. I had to rely on the textbook for most of this year. I know a lot of the year 12s are studying so don't worry about an asap reply.
Good luck with your exams and thanks for your help

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
Re: Bad Teachers
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:14:23 pm »
Hey!
I was wondering if anyone had any advice for going through year 12 Eng lang with a bad teacher. The best teacher at my school has left so now I'm kinda scared I'll get the same teacher I had this year. She's entertaining but doesn't give out any notes and never presents things in a logical manner. I had to rely on the textbook for most of this year. I know a lot of the year 12s are studying so don't worry about an asap reply.
Good luck with your exams and thanks for your help

I actually had a really good teacher this year (whom I believe stalks the AN forums, hi Mic  :P ) but I may be of some help

I would say that you just need to make sure you are on top of learning your metalanguage, if you don't have a good knowledge of all the Metalanguage you will struggle writing Analytical Commentaries and Essays. Try to pull the definitions from the textbook but if you don't understand it the internet is a great resource, the AtarNotes notes book for EngLang has also been a great help for me helping me understand all the little things I didn't get and I didn't understand my teachers way of explaining it. Oh and also the FREE lectures AN has during the holidays I would highly recommend. (I swear I'm telling the truth and I'm not a walking advertisement).

But just make sure you are learning all the metalanguage and making sure you are using it all properly, use example essays and Analytical commentaries found online to guide you, and you can post in the forums here a practice essay and a smart person might take some time to mark it for you if your teacher has no idea what they are doing.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

fbpizza

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
Re: Bad Teachers
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 05:57:28 pm »
+3
Make yourself really familiar with the study design, read examiners reports throughout the year, and attend the free atarnotes lectures where possible. You can feasibly get high scores in most vce subjects (lang included) with shitty teachers.