Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:37:23 pm

Author Topic: PSM question  (Read 10185 times)  Share 

Ya Habibi

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: PSM question
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 10:14:15 pm »
Not IPO charts or story boards. Yes to data structures like data dictionaries.
2013 Subjects: IT: Software Development (38)

2014 Subjects: Math Methods (36), English (44), French (35), Physics (36), Chemistry (38)

ATAR: 96.85

Essendon2013

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 10:17:49 pm »
Cited from the 2012 IT SD Examiners report (Question 14a)

'Typically, the key personnel in acceptance testing is the client'

So, for example, Bob Fred asked a developer to develop him a program that will be available on the Google Play Store for users that will allow them to communicate with others using the same program.

So, acceptance testing would be undertaken by the client (in this case Bob Fred) while User Acceptance Testing will be intended for the users of the program? Have I understood the definitions correctly? :)

On a side note, after completing a practice exam yesterday I stumbled across a question:

At which stage of the PSM is a data flow diagram of the system under investigation produced?

A. Design
B. Analysis
C. Evaluation
D. Development

I initially chose A, because according to the textbook, during design the appearance and functionality of the solution is planned which is achieved through data flow diagrams, context diagrams and use case diagrams.

But aren't use case diagrams contained in the SRS which is apart of the analysis?

Some clarification would be great :)

Thanks

Nephix

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 10:44:10 pm »
Cited from the 2012 IT SD Examiners report (Question 14a)

'Typically, the key personnel in acceptance testing is the client'

So, for example, Bob Fred asked a developer to develop him a program that will be available on the Google Play Store for users that will allow them to communicate with others using the same program.

So, acceptance testing would be undertaken by the client (in this case Bob Fred) while User Acceptance Testing will be intended for the users of the program? Have I understood the definitions correctly? :)

On a side note, after completing a practice exam yesterday I stumbled across a question:

At which stage of the PSM is a data flow diagram of the system under investigation produced?

A. Design
B. Analysis
C. Evaluation
D. Development

I initially chose A, because according to the textbook, during design the appearance and functionality of the solution is planned which is achieved through data flow diagrams, context diagrams and use case diagrams.

But aren't use case diagrams contained in the SRS which is apart of the analysis?

Some clarification would be great :)

Thanks

Hi!

Yes you are correct for the acceptance testing AFAIK, now I underline this because it is quite ambiguous and really depends upon the context of the question, however on VCEIT it does state the difference between the two and hopefully it comes out alright

DFD's are created during the analysis of a system, to map the flow of data within the system, as with UCD's which map the functional requirements.

If you need further help with this visit VCEIT and look at the very helpful slideshows on the PSM.

Mycro

• Adventurer
  • Respect: -1
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 02:45:33 pm »
yeah, probably