Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 02:42:20 pm

Author Topic: Is the best way to start exam revsion with an exam?  (Read 851 times)  Share 

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Is the best way to start exam revsion with an exam?
« on: September 16, 2020, 11:18:33 pm »
Methods has a lot of content but it’s not like other subjects in the sense I can just be like “oop let me do photosynthesis!” I can’t just think of specific topics. I also know the textbook is far from helpful after you’ve grasp topics. So I was wondering whether I should do the VCAA 2016 exam as like a diagnostic test to see where to go from there? What’s everyone else doing?
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Is the best way to start exam revsion with an exam?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 11:56:38 pm »
+3
Methods has a lot of content but it’s not like other subjects in the sense I can just be like “oop let me do photosynthesis!” I can’t just think of specific topics. I also know the textbook is far from helpful after you’ve grasp topics. So I was wondering whether I should do the VCAA 2016 exam as like a diagnostic test to see where to go from there? What’s everyone else doing?
Well it is not going to hurt. It could definitely give you a gauge of where you sit in terms of the exam and maybe give you an idea of a topic you might want to revisit.

Any reason for the 2016 exam in particular?

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 08:21:37 am »

Any reason for the 2016 exam in particular?

I wanted to leave latest ones for last (2017-2019) but my teacher said it doesn’t matter and that I should try one from this SD first to get a feel for what the exam was really like   :P he suggested 2019 because he’s making a tutorial on that but I want to leave it till last.......
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:17:51 am »
Having done no probability yet, I asked my teacher whether I should study for that first or just jump straight into exams - the advice was to jump straight into exams. Personally I think I'll finish off making my bound book first and use that in all my practises, so that I get really familiar with using it if I need it, and it's a good tool for learning. My teacher gave us four practise exams to do over the holidays, so I'll (hopefully) do those.

Do you have Checkpoints? I think they're by topic? Not sure though, I don't have them.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 03:18:14 pm »
Having done no probability yet, I asked my teacher whether I should study for that first or just jump straight into exams - the advice was to jump straight into exams. Personally I think I'll finish off making my bound book first and use that in all my practises, so that I get really familiar with using it if I need it, and it's a good tool for learning. My teacher gave us four practise exams to do over the holidays, so I'll (hopefully) do those.

Do you have Checkpoints? I think they're by topic? Not sure though, I don't have them.

How come you guys haven’t done probabillity yet? We’ve been on exam revsion for about 2 weeks but I’ve just been lazy focusing on other SACs :P oh yeah a bound reference exists.........
My avatar sums up life.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 04:33:19 pm »
How come you guys haven’t done probabillity yet? We’ve been on exam revsion for about 2 weeks but I’ve just been lazy focusing on other SACs :P oh yeah a bound reference exists.........
Let me make myself clearer - I have not done probability. My class has :P I need to catch up.
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.