Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:07:35 pm

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287626 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #330 on: July 31, 2017, 07:32:35 pm »
+1
Great to have you here, djpetrin15! Welcome. :))

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Akatsuki

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #331 on: July 31, 2017, 11:29:01 pm »
+3
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
In Year 12 and dying. Doing English Standard, Chemistry, Maths 4U and Japanese Beginners.
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
I don't watch a lot of movies except for those in class and the movies I did watch, they're usually adaptations which I know I will like. (I don't have a life)
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A katana so I can be a samurai and slice zombies up while possibly getting eaten alive. Or maybe a sniper rifle. Those are cool too. Maybe just burn them?
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I want to be someone that I can be proud of, someone who can enjoy life at its fullest (not happening right now though)
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
A procrastinator who procrastinates on procrastinating while simultaneously realising how screwed I am. I mean, I'm procrastinating right now by answering these questions.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »
+3
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
A procrastinator who procrastinates on procrastinating while simultaneously realising how screwed I am. I mean, I'm procrastinating right now by answering these questions.

That's how we all start on ATAR Notes, Akatsumi, trust me.

Also, welcome to the forums!
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

sisterofelysepopplewell

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #333 on: August 05, 2017, 10:34:02 pm »
+15
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)

Hi, I am a Year 11 IB student student studying:
 - English HL
 - Music HL
 - Psychology HL
 - Chemistry SL
 - Maths Studies
 - French B

I most passionately hate that this question is mandatory.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).

Elyse Popplewell.

My sister dragged me onto this site (but I'm so ready to get amongst it) xx

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #334 on: August 05, 2017, 10:42:25 pm »
+5
I most passionately hate that this question is mandatory.
Banned.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2017, 10:43:12 pm »
+6
Banned.

She spent approx 15 minutes thinking about this question and couldn't even recall the last movie she watched.
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2017, 10:44:46 pm »
+5
She spent approx 15 minutes thinking about this question and couldn't even recall the last movie she watched.
Bloody hell, what's going on with the Popplewells?!

(In all seriousness, welcome SOEP- take my upvote... soon, you will have respect points ;) )

Never.Give.Up

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2017, 08:45:00 am »
+4
Year 11- Advanced English, Mathematics, Extension 1 Mathematics, Modern History, Business Studies, German Beginners, Senior Science
Haven't really liked any of the movies I have watched yet, so I guess they all slip into that 'passionately hate' category...usually because they are sooo fake...
Hopefully never in this situation... but possibly brenden (from AN)...he made up the question so he must know what to do...

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2017, 11:32:51 am »
+2
Hopefully never in this situation... but possibly brenden (from AN)...he made up the question so he must know what to do...
You could do a lot worse. It occupies most of my thinking time.

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2017, 11:35:30 am »
+3
Year 11- Advanced English, Mathematics, Extension 1 Mathematics, Modern History, Business Studies, German Beginners, Senior Science
Haven't really liked any of the movies I have watched yet, so I guess they all slip into that 'passionately hate' category...usually because they are sooo fake...

Welcome to the forums! So glad to see you working on responses in the thesis statement thread. Happy to have you here :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

bundahboy

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #340 on: August 06, 2017, 07:17:39 pm »
+4

Year 12. I do 4U English, 4U Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Economics

Hmm, I only remember watching the movies I like. Although what Willy Wonka does to the oompa loompas in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reeks of colonialism.

Little Boy

I want to be a union hack.
2017 HSC: English Advanced // English Extension 1 // English Extension 2 // Mathematics Extension 1 // Mathematics Extension 2 // Physics // Chemistry // Economics

LAT 2016: 100th percentile // UMAT 2017: 99th percentile

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #341 on: August 06, 2017, 07:22:40 pm »
+2

Year 12. I do 4U English, 4U Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and Economics

Hmm, I only remember watching the movies I like. Although what Willy Wonka does to the oompa loompas in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reeks of colonialism.

Little Boy

I want to be a union hack.
I got too much joy out of this post haha. Welcome to the forums.

ontera76

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2017, 08:18:21 pm »
+6
Year 11, and I'm doing English, English Language, German, Economics, Maths Methods, and Legal 3/4!

The ATLA movie haha what avatar: the last airbender movie?? you must be joking, there is no ATLA movie. nuh-uh. nope. absolutely not.
Jokes aside it was the biggest betrayal I've ever experienced from the movie industry and I'm desperately wishing for a proper reboot or a legend of korra movie that actually stays true to the source material. (Looking at you, earthbending scene.........)

Either a Spesh or Methods textbook. One look and those suckers will be running away in fear.

Hmm, I'd like to be someone who's valued, trusted, and looked up to! I'm a generally very drama-free/chill person by nature so I kinda drift along in life. What I would like to achieve one day is total financial independence, so I can buy an apartment/house that can fit me, another person, and one or two Samoyeds and a ragdoll cat.

Vline life has its pros and cons.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2017, 08:29:32 pm »
+1
Either a Spesh or Methods textbook. One look and those suckers will be running away in fear.
Haha best answer yet!!

Welcome to the forums :D

mitchello

• Trailblazer
  • This sentence is false.
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2017, 08:38:55 pm »
+1

The ATLA movie haha what avatar: the last airbender movie?? you must be joking, there is no ATLA movie. nuh-uh. nope. absolutely not.
Jokes aside it was the biggest betrayal I've ever experienced from the movie industry and I'm desperately wishing for a proper reboot or a legend of korra movie that actually stays true to the source material. (Looking at you, earthbending scene.........)
DUDE SAME
That scene where five earthbenders all do a massive co-ordinated punch and one rock starts floating. ONE ROCK. Scandalous! The only part I disagree with you is on the reboot, i'm too traumatised to experience another Avatar movie.
Regardless, welcome to AN ;D feel free to PM if you need to vent about Avatar
Advanced English//Mathematics//Economics//Legal Studies//Ancient History//History Extension