Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:15:01 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287685 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2017, 07:03:12 pm »
Welcome skyersie!! Ahaha, so many people hate Shailene, I can never figure out why (personally don't mind the Divergent series, although it is predictable af a lot of the time) - Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for

JD99

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2017, 07:18:41 am »
+1
Heyyy all!!! This website is sooooo exciting!!
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm currently in year 12 and my subjects are Standard English, Gen.Maths, Modern History, Senior Science and Legal Studies.
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
Hmmmm....i think I've run out of time to watch movies...this HSC is crazy ;)
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Most likely a bar of chocolate. They surely wouldn't eat me instead of that??? LIke what they would havta be crazy!!...unless I'd already eaten it before they got there... :/
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I want to be someone who is always positive and makes others feel wanted. If I can't do that, then really nothing else I do will be worth it. And if I could be anything, I'd probably be a politician. As Skyersie said "Its just a shame most people see all politicians and greedy and power hungry, when some just want to create change". That's exactly how I feel!!
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
My life is the best! I'm incredibly lucky to have a loving family and community plus food, shelter and a warm secure bed! Not everyone gets this ya know!! :)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2017, 10:09:33 am »
Welcome JD99! So happy you are excited, we're excited to have you! Thanks for sharing, loving the positive vibes

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #258 on: June 05, 2017, 07:11:15 pm »
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory) Is it weird to say Hugo? We watched it in year 8 and ever since I have hated it with a passion. But everyone else seems to love it?!

You and I are going to get along just fine.

Welcome to the forums tay!! ;D

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #259 on: June 05, 2017, 08:28:02 pm »
+1
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory) Currently attempting Year 11. It's difficult but I'm still fighting. Subjects are Advanced English, Mathematics, Senior Science, Modern History, Business Studies and Visual Design.
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory) Is it weird to say Hugo? We watched it in year 8 and ever since I have hated it with a passion. But everyone else seems to love it?!
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory) Definitely an axe/sword of some kind
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional) I want to complete Year 12 knowing I did my best and achieved success...looks like i'm gonna be using AT a lot  :D
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional) I had cancer in year 9-10...8 rounds of chemotherapy...numerous nights in hospital...missed 3/4 of year 9-10...injections like you wouldn't believe...lost my hair...lost my friends...lost my confidence...but I'm working on that ;)...so every lesson I walk into I feel at a disadvantage e.g. learning how to write an essay, those basic maths skills...anyway sorry for the negativity...really looking forward to using this site and achieving my dreams! :) :)

Regarding 5. Glad you're staying strong :) Congratulations for fighting it AND having the motivation to continue. I genuinely commend you for that. Dream high fam

As long as you work hard there exists no disadvantage, most people messed around the whole of year 10 anyway. Year 11 is truly where foundations are built and Year 12 is all part of perfecting them.

I hope Atarnotes is warm place for you :) I'll see you round~!
Heavy Things :(

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2017, 08:37:29 pm »
+1
This isn't my first post (nowhere near) but I believe I did not post here when I first joined so here it is :)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Year 12 and 5 months til graduation.

Extension 2 Mathematics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Advanced English
Information Processes and Technology
Studies of Religion 1
Legal Studies

I also took Preliminary Physics but dropped out at the end of last year.

It would be the latest Ghostbusters. That thing made no sense and bored me to pieces :( I also hated Ghost In The Shell and fell asleep during the screening :\ I did not feel any emotional bonding for any of the characters, they also seemed to never develop in a meaningful manner and the plots were really poorly executed.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).

I would take a Gun. Maybe a P90 due to it's compact nature and armour piercing capabilities. Being able to run around would be a huge bonus.

No idea. 5 months til graduation and still deciding. I do have a interest in philosophy, psychology and politics though. I wouldn't mind doing a double degree with one of em involved. Alike to Jamon I also want to improve somebody else's life. My english tutor has genuinely impacted my life, introduced me into the world of philosophy and unearthed many of my previous self delusions. I wish to do the same for somebody in the future.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).

Pretty damn good until recently. Still going strong though, last stretch~

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:40:43 pm by Wales »
Heavy Things :(

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2017, 08:53:35 am »
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory) Currently attempting Year 11. It's difficult but I'm still fighting. Subjects are Advanced English, Mathematics, Senior Science, Modern History, Business Studies and Visual Design.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory) Definitely an axe/sword of some kind
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional) I want to complete Year 12 knowing I did my best and achieved success...looks like i'm gonna be using AT a lot  :D
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional) I had cancer in year 9-10...8 rounds of chemotherapy...numerous nights in hospital...missed 3/4 of year 9-10...injections like you wouldn't believe...lost my hair...lost my friends...lost my confidence...but I'm working on that ;)...so every lesson I walk into I feel at a disadvantage e.g. learning how to write an essay, those basic maths skills...anyway sorry for the negativity...really looking forward to using this site and achieving my dreams! :) :)

Really great to have you here, tay - welcome! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

doddsy128

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2017, 12:15:33 pm »
+1
Where to beyond Physics at VCE? What are the possibilities or the directions that Physics can take you after High School?

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2017, 01:09:07 pm »
+5
completely forgot to do this when i first joined, so ... better late than never? (:

year twelve (vce). my subjects are in my sig, but for the sake of completeness: took bio last year, taking english, lit, revolutions, hhd, legal studies and extension history at ltu this year.

oooh. um. i'm not really a movie person? she says, whilst literally buying tickets to see wonder woman. generally if i don't like something, i just kind of don't watch it haha, but right now my most hated movie is bend it like beckham solely because i found out yesterday that jess and jules were almost a thing and holy heck i'd have sold my soul to see that. otherwise, idk, any horror movie ever made would also work as my answer.

um. the golden rule is no weapons that can run out of ammunition, right? in that case, i'd probably take a baseball bat because i don't really trust any of my skills but fifteen years of tennis means my swinging's okay lmao. but like i'd straight up die in ten seconds, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

i like helping people? but i have no idea what i want to do with my life. graduating year twelve knowing i worked as hard as i could have would be a nice start.

this one time, i slept twenty hours straight and it was the greatest day of my life.
SUBJECTS |  English [47], Literature [46], Extension History @LTU [4.5]

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2017, 03:25:54 pm »
+1
As of now, 2017, am year 11, doing Methods (CAS) 1/2, Physics 1/2, Economics 1/2, English 1/2, and VCE/VET Business 3/4.

Am starting an Accounting Cert IV through school, will be doing Accounting next year, after finishing Business

Ready 2 Die (2014). Absolutely horrible - have to dig through about a thousand layers to find the plot, which isn't worth that much effort. About as enthralling as a 3 year old would find Tolstoy's 'War and Peace'.

Does a Cessna count as a weapon? Just some sort of transport to get the heck out of it all.  ;)

Cogito ergo sum; Scientia sit potentia   :-X
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2017, 03:30:18 pm »
Where to beyond Physics at VCE? What are the possibilities or the directions that Physics can take you after High School?

Hey, doddsy! Welcome aboard. :) Your best bet might be to ask this question in the Physics forum, where you'll hopefully get some good answers. :)

For HSC Physics, try this.
For VCE Physics, try this.

Let me know if you need any help! :D
completely forgot to do this when i first joined, so ... better late than never? (:

year twelve (vce). my subjects are in my sig, but for the sake of completeness: took bio last year, taking english, lit, revolutions, hhd, legal studies and extension history at ltu this year.

oooh. um. i'm not really a movie person? she says, whilst literally buying tickets to see wonder woman. generally if i don't like something, i just kind of don't watch it haha, but right now my most hated movie is bend it like beckham solely because i found out yesterday that jess and jules were almost a thing and holy heck i'd have sold my soul to see that. otherwise, idk, any horror movie ever made would also work as my answer.

um. the golden rule is no weapons that can run out of ammunition, right? in that case, i'd probably take a baseball bat because i don't really trust any of my skills but fifteen years of tennis means my swinging's okay lmao. but like i'd straight up die in ten seconds, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

i like helping people? but i have no idea what i want to do with my life. graduating year twelve knowing i worked as hard as i could have would be a nice start.

this one time, i slept twenty hours straight and it was the greatest day of my life.

Always better late than never. ;) 20 hours straight is impressive as - what was the motivation? Hahaha.

As of now, 2017, am year 11, doing Methods (CAS) 1/2, Physics 1/2, Economics 1/2, English 1/2, and VCE/VET Business 3/4.

Am starting an Accounting Cert IV through school, will be doing Accounting next year, after finishing Business

Ready 2 Die (2014). Absolutely horrible - have to dig through about a thousand layers to find the plot, which isn't worth that much effort. About as enthralling as a 3 year old would find Tolstoy's 'War and Peace'.

Does a Cessna count as a weapon? Just some sort of transport to get the heck out of it all.  ;)

Cogito ergo sum; Scientia sit potentia   :-X

Hey S200! Welcome to ATAR Notes - great to have you here. ;D Nice subjects! Do you plan to continue with those 1/2s next year? :)

S200

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2017, 04:41:17 pm »
Hey S200! Welcome to ATAR Notes - great to have you here. ;D Nice subjects! Do you plan to continue with those 1/2s next year? :)

Hopefully...
Mostly the content is not massively hard... The workload is the main issue! :(
I'm kinda dragging in Methods  :-\, but I'll have to be kicked out... I aint leavin'!!  ;)
Carpe Vinum

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2017, 04:44:34 pm »

Hopefully...
Mostly the content is not massively hard... The workload is the main issue! :(
I'm kinda dragging in Methods  :-\, but I'll have to be kicked out... I aint leavin'!!  ;)

Hahahahaha. I love that attitude! Any idea what you want to do after Year 12, or is that just an annoying question rn? ;)

S200

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #268 on: June 13, 2017, 04:53:51 pm »
+1
Any idea what you want to do after Year 12, or is that just an annoying question rn? ;)
Was working towards Accountancy. It's a big world, and money is one of the few things the future will still have.
Not sure how I'll go if I have to drop out of Methods tho...
Ever heard of an Accountant that failed math ??? ?
Carpe Vinum

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #269 on: June 13, 2017, 05:30:27 pm »
+1
Was working towards Accountancy. It's a big world, and money is one of the few things the future will still have.
Not sure how I'll go if I have to drop out of Methods tho...
Ever heard of an Accountant that failed math ??? ?
I mean, there are a lot of ways to make money... some of them might interest you a lot more than accounting hahaha.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️