Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:58:00 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 288964 times)

bacteriophage

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #600 on: October 30, 2018, 01:02:48 pm »
+8
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in year 11 studying 3/4 Biology (the oxygen I breathe), 1/2 Chem, 1/2 Maths Methods (the lactic acid), 1/2 Indonesian SL, 1/2 English Language.
My bio exam is in 3 days and I'm rigorously trying to protect my insanity before then.

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
Frozen. Never actually watched it but all the four-year-old female hype was irritating and teachers have seized the opportunity to play 'let it go' in class whenever a student argues for a mark on a SAC.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A life-sized cytotoxic T cell dispenser gun. Why waste time combating individual brain-crazed pathogenic zombies when you could bring the human immune system to life and launch an army of lymphocytes to attack run around attacking them for you.

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I don't know exactly how it looks but I know my future career/s will involve science and healthcare. I'm feeling the paramedicine vibe at the moment. But that could quickly speciate into nursing, biomed, physio... who knows! ('It's complicated').
Goal for the next few years - get a good ATAR, maintain healthy life balance - social time and part time work, save money for future and have some fun while I'm at it. Oh and netflix and memes (like every other VCE student)
2018 : Biology [44]
2019 : English Language; Chemistry; Maths Methods; Indonesian SL

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #601 on: October 30, 2018, 01:43:55 pm »
+5
Frozen. Never actually watched it but all the four-year-old female hype was irritating and teachers have seized the opportunity to play 'let it go' in class whenever a student argues for a mark on a SAC.
Hate is bad, you should just let it go

I’m sorry, that was bad 😂

Also, I think your answer to the zombie question is my favourite so far
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

sarahki

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #602 on: October 30, 2018, 05:06:10 pm »
+5
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Year 11, Biology 3/4, Physics 1/2, Methods 1/2, Chemistry 1/2, PE 1/2, English 1/2
Interstellar because it is so confusing
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A gun, because its the easiest to use.

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #603 on: October 30, 2018, 05:11:34 pm »
+2
Year 11, Biology 3/4, Physics 1/2, Methods 1/2, Chemistry 1/2, PE 1/2, English 1/2
Interstellar because it is so confusing
A gun, because its the easiest to use.
Welcome to AN! I've wanted to see Interstellar for a while, but I'll take you're opinion into account :))
Best of luck for Biology on Friday - you feeling prepared?
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #604 on: October 30, 2018, 08:11:29 pm »
+1
Kudos to your Friend! :D

Welcome to AN... :)
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

jayhvu

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #605 on: October 31, 2018, 11:53:53 am »
+5
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?
Currently in year 11 and my subjects are English, Health and Human Development, Business Management, Accounting, Legal Studies and Hospitality (outside of school).

Batman v Superman, like legit 30 seconds of them fighting and the rest was a blur.

A Ray Gun, take me back to my Call of Duty - Black ops 2 days

I want to improve the health and wellbeing of those around the world, whether that may be through volunteer work, etc. I want to live a life were I can say that I've done and experienced it all.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm just a kid trying to change the world.

02hhassan

• Adventurer
« Reply #606 on: October 31, 2018, 11:55:16 am »
+8

So I thought to make a post after using Atar Notes for a while, as its been a great help throughout my studies this past year!

I'm in year 10 currently, and I study VCE Biology, Units 1&2 as well as my electives, which range from Advanced Maths and Psychology.
So I have to think deeply about this one.. umm probably this movie called 'Everything Everything'. Justification would probably be that it was an entire butcher of the book, and was very poorly executed as a movie to the far more fluent and better written book.
So I had to scroll down to see the other replies for this one, not much of a zombie apocalypse enthusiast, probably a gun of somesort, to fire from distances, and umm fast running abilities? As you can see I'm finding this a bit difficult.
b]4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)[/b]
I want to be known for my kindness, generosity and just overall warmth as a person. As to what I want to achieve, a steady income, and a highflying career I enjoy and excel at.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Honestly a whirlwind. Perhaps a bit too much to fit in one paragraph, but a whirlwind would be the most summative way of articulating my liffe.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #607 on: October 31, 2018, 01:28:21 pm »
+1
Welcome to AN both of you ;D

I love reading what you want to achieve as a people - it’s so wholesome, I love it!

I'm in year 10 currently, and I study VCE Biology, Units 1&2 as well as my electives, which range from Advanced Maths and Psychology.
You made a good choice of 1/2 to do early ;)

What VCE subjects are you planning on doing next year?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #608 on: October 31, 2018, 01:43:49 pm »
So I thought to make a post after using Atar Notes for a while, as its been a great help throughout my studies this past year!
Welcome!

Let me know if there's anything I could be doing in the year 10 or psych thread that would help you :)

If you don't mind answering, I'm really curious as to how you've been using AN since usually the feedback we get is from people who have been posting etc.

akasha.nadeem

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #609 on: October 31, 2018, 09:00:31 pm »
+6
Hi I'm Akasha - (and it took me way too long than is normal to figure out how to post)
I'm currently in Year 12, studying;
- 2 Unit English    - Extension English    - 2 Unit Math   - Biology     - Chemistry     -Society and Culture     - Information Process Technology 

I don't really watch a lot of movies, the people work so hard to produce something enticing and hope its loved, that being said, I absolutely despise Twilight (cliche I know) but it is arguably the worst adaptation of a book to a film ever known to mankind. The characters are bland and emotionless, no one has a defined motive there's no character arc !! (though I wouldn't know really because i never finished the film.)

I read somewhere that Zombies cant bite through denim or leather, so I would just go all 90's wearing a full suit of denim.

I want to be someone who's known for bringing light to a situation with their positivity, to put smiles on people by doing good, and just generally making the world a tiny bit better.

"w h a t", just 'what is happening'

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #610 on: October 31, 2018, 09:10:14 pm »
+2
I read somewhere that Zombies cant bite through denim or leather, so I would just go all 90's wearing a full suit of denim.
Well they* do say that the best offence is good defense!

Welcome to AN ;D BTW this thread is useful if you want to figure out how to use the forums.

*I don't know who 'they' are

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #611 on: October 31, 2018, 09:15:32 pm »
+1
Hi I'm Akasha - (and it took me way too long than is normal to figure out how to post)
- 2 Unit English    - Extension English    - 2 Unit Math   - Biology     - Chemistry     -Society and Culture     - Information Process Technology 

I don't really watch a lot of movies, the people work so hard to produce something enticing and hope its loved, that being said, I absolutely despise Twilight (cliche I know) but it is arguably the worst adaptation of a book to a film ever known to mankind. The characters are bland and emotionless, no one has a defined motive there's no character arc !! (though I wouldn't know really because i never finished the film.)

I want to be someone who's known for bringing light to a situation with their positivity, to put smiles on people by doing good, and just generally making the world a tiny bit better.

Hey akasha, welcome to the forums!

Don't worry, you're not the only one who has struggled to figure out how to do things, which is why there's this post.

That's a really interesting mix of subjects, is there a particular path you want to follow in the future?

(love your goal for who you want to be btw)

Note: pheonixxfire typed quicker than me but I'm still submitting so I can learn the answer to my questions and welcome you :)

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #612 on: October 31, 2018, 09:17:49 pm »

Hey! Welcome to the forums!
It's good to see someone else doing society and culture. I'd definitely encourage you  to check out our resources for it here and to ask all society and culture related questions here
Have you thought of a pip topic yet?

Love thissssss!!  ;D ;D

"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

ChloeWalker

• Adventurer
  • Year 12 2019 :P
« Reply #613 on: November 01, 2018, 10:07:11 am »
+3
Welcome to AN ;D
What's your favourite extracurricular?
Do you think you'll continue them all next year?

My favourite extra-curricular is probably netball - which i will definetly continue and in-school is debating which i will also be doing in year 12 for next year too!

LiamE2001

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #614 on: November 01, 2018, 02:41:23 pm »
Doing a survey for psych and would appreciate it if you guys should give it a go.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BMFKSFY​