Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:41:52 am

Author Topic: Essay Question Help  (Read 808 times)  Share 

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Essay Question Help
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:50 am »
Hi friends,
At my school, we have to write an essay on one area of Mod His that is contested. We have to create a question to answer ourselves in an essay of 2000 workds. I am thinking on focussing on Empress Cixi. If you know anything about her, or if you understand how to create your own question, could you please help me?
I am currently thinking:
Was Cixi to blame for the failure of China to reform?
Why was Empress Cixi’s reputation marred for so long?
Why has Empress Cixi been misrepresented throughout history?
Was Empress Cixi’s a bad ruler?
Did Cixi bring about the fall of China because she was conservative and rejected reform?
Was the Boxer rebellion an outbreak of xenophobic violence or a heroic, patriotic movement?
What was Empress Dowager Cixi’s role in the Hundred Day Reform?
Thank you!
Please let me know of any feedback.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: Essay Question Help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:52:03 pm »
+2
Hey!

I had to do a similar task in year 11. With creating questions, try and replicate what you’ve seen before, i.e. use words similar to essay questions you’ve completed like “to what extent”, “explain”, “analyse”, “discuss”, etc. These instruction words, if you can call them that, provide some direction for your essay.

For example, the first question you’ve listed could be “To what extent was Cixi to blame for China’s failure to reform?” – something like that.

Hope this helps!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW