Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:48:24 pm

Author Topic: Marketing Essay  (Read 5252 times)  Share 

rrahulk

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +20
Marketing Essay
« on: February 10, 2017, 06:33:11 pm »
Hi,

Can you guys suggest me about what should I include in the content of the essay question below and how to get started?

Essay Question: How has globalisation affected the marketing management of a business?

Thanks

HSC 2016
IPT (Accelerated): 92

HSC 2017
AdvEng | Mathematics | SDD | Business Studies | Physics

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
Re: Marketing Essay
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:24 am »
Hi,

Can you guys suggest me about what should I include in the content of the essay question below and how to get started?

Essay Question: How has globalisation affected the marketing management of a business?

Thanks

Hey there Rrahulk,

Sorry about the late reply to this, I only saw it now.

Some things that come to mind are the fact that globalisation has enabled businesses to sell to a wider market not just domestic - this creates the need to research each market and understand it's mechanisms. This is to ensure that your product is appropriate in that country/region (e.g. selling pork to a country that is predominately muslim would not work that well) as well as complying with local marketing laws and regulations. Therefore, some businesses might have to use a customised global marketing approach by differing some aspect of their marketing place (price, product, promotion, place etc.) so that they can maximise the appeal in each market. (other businesses may choose a standardised approach across all markets)

Another effect of globalisation on the marketing management could be the ability to outsource any part of the marketing function overseas - especially to foreign subsidiaries to market the product in that specific region (researching each individual market yourself could detract away from the core business function). You could also outsource any other part of the business operations as well which can affect the marketing management.

As well as this, globalisation opens up competition from a variety of other international brands that may be bigger or more established - marketing managers will have to work around this to ensure a competitive position in each market.

Those are just some ideas off the top of my head.

Hope this helps :)
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW