Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:07:13 pm

Author Topic: Topic 1 - Operations - MCQs  (Read 1781 times)  Share 

rrahulk

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +20
Topic 1 - Operations - MCQs
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:00:53 am »
Hey guys,

Could anyone please provide me the correct answer to these two MCQs?

Thanks
HSC 2016
IPT (Accelerated): 92

HSC 2017
AdvEng | Mathematics | SDD | Business Studies | Physics

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Topic 1 - Operations - MCQs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 10:31:28 am »
Hey guys,

Thanks

Hey! Take my answers with a grain of salt, but I think the first one is C! You are looking at two initiatives that are to do with social responsibility - Meaning to do with people and communities. All the other options contain something to do with efficiency or the environment - Not social responsibility related. So by process of elimination, C! (?)

Scanning and learning is to do with being aware of external factors and the business environment (scanning), then adapting the business strategy to maintain/regain a competitive advantage (learning). To me, that matches A the most ;D

rrahulk

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 05:30:01 pm »
Thanks Jamon!

These two questions were in my first assessment of HSC. I answered Question 1 as "C" but got it wrong and when I asked my teacher the correct answer, she said it is "B", so I am still confused about what the correct answer is.
HSC 2016
IPT (Accelerated): 92

HSC 2017
AdvEng | Mathematics | SDD | Business Studies | Physics

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 08:58:20 pm »
Thanks Jamon!

These two questions were in my first assessment of HSC. I answered Question 1 as "C" but got it wrong and when I asked my teacher the correct answer, she said it is "B", so I am still confused about what the correct answer is.

Hmm, interesting! I was tossing between B and C - To be honest I didn't do Business so I don't feel qualified to explain! I'm answering based on background knowledge, and I helped put together the ATAR Notes for Business Studies, so felt like having a crack ;) hopefully someone else can tag in and help explain the answer! :)

janemurray

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:06:39 pm »
+2
Hey guys,

Thanks

For Q1, I would say it is B because... C refers to LEGAL requirements, not social responsibility (a business can abide by all legal requirements set out by the government etc. but still not actually show CSR

Hopefully that explanation makes sense!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:15:43 pm by janemurray »

sophroberts812

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:04:33 am »
+1
For Q1, I would say it is B because... C refers to LEGAL requirements, not social responsibility (a business can abide by all legal requirements set out by the government etc. but still not actually show CSR

Hopefully that explanation makes sense!!

Also, just a side now on CSR, by definition it refers to going above and beyond legal requirements. Answer C says that they are paying their employees legal minimum wage, they're not going above or beyond minimum legal requirements, which is how I would've gone about choosing B over C :)
Wanting to do the Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics at Wollongong Uni in 2018!!!!
ATAR aim --- 93.00