Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:04:06 am

Author Topic: Finding a related text  (Read 2649 times)  Share 

Ophelia_

• Adventurer
  • Wishing to skip HSC and get to Uni -.-
  • Respect: 0
Finding a related text
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:04:26 pm »
Hey guys, my core text is Life of Pi the movie and I need some help finding a related text, preferably a short story or poem.

Mod edit: removed title capitalisation
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:09:03 pm by K888 »
HSC 2018: Senior Science || Biology || Gen Maths 2 || Standard English || Society and Culture || Studies of Religion 1U

ATAR Goal: 80+ (BS Nursing)

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Finding a related text
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:49:42 pm »
+1
Hey guys, my core text is Life of Pi the movie and I need some help finding a related text, preferably a short story or poem.

Mod edit: removed title capitalisation
Hey! Welcome to the forums!  :)
I don't know specifically what texts go well with life of pi (i haven't watched it since it first came out)
But if you're looking to use a poem then you might consider This one that i used, that i've annotated for you!  :)
Or if you're looking for a short story, try looking at tim wintons work, he has some really good short stories that can be used for AOS.
Also, just generally do google searches like discovery AOS related texts-short stories and poems or something
and check out this thread for a list of related text suggestions
Hope this helps
Good luck!  :)
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 11:37:52 am »
+3
Hi! This is my first post haha. Ok so I'm doing the same prescribed text as you! I agree with the post above in that Tim Winton is a great writer to go with! He has an amazing short story 'time and tide' that would go well with Life of Pi. It was one of my top choices when I was choosing my related text. Also, for the Life of Pi, because it's such a big movie and there's so much to talk about I decided to go with a shorter text (a non-fiction short story) to balance it out. Of course this isn't mandatory and you can choose a book etc. but it definitely makes it easier to analyse both texts. Your texts don't need to have similarities because you can contrast them.

Sorry if I'm too late but I hope this helps in some way  :)
2018 HSC

wiseeh

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 07:56:31 pm »
If some schools have their core text as life of pi can I still use that as my related text or not?

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 07:58:40 pm »
If some schools have their core text as life of pi can I still use that as my related text or not?
Hey, wiseeh.

Yep! Although students are discouraged, they won't be penalised if they use a prescribed text as their related text. :)

Leesajohnson

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 09:38:53 pm »
If you want to write Poem or any story just like PI then you have to connect with any expert writer. He/ She can solve the matter in easy way.