Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 07:35:57 pm

Author Topic: Will Monash Medicine Interview affect accepting other offers?  (Read 1833 times)  Share 

Archmage

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Hi, people.
So I want to do Medicine in Uni and I mainly want to do it either at Monash, or at Melbourne Uni (I would have to do Bio-med first then do MD there).
Apparently Melbourne is gonna take more years to finish the whole course so I would like to put Monash as the first preference. However, I am aware that I would need UMAT and interviews besides ATAR to be eligible to enter. The monash multi-interviews thingy happens in early January and I won't be able to know the results until med January. However, offers from other unis like Melbourne usually has an accepting deadline sometime in med January as well. So if I fail the interviews, do I just won't be able to receive and accept other offers in time and end up not be able to go to either unis? I know Melbourne and other unis have second round offer, but if their first round ones are popularly accepted, could they run out of places and won't have enough second round offers to people like me? Thanks for helping.

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Will Monash Medicine Interview affect accepting other offers?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 06:01:56 pm »
+1
Everyone gets their offers on the same day so if you do well enough in your interview you will be offered Monash med and if you don't do well enough you will be offered biomed at Melbourne if you put Monash med as first preference  and biomed at Melbourne as your second preference, so there is nothing to worry about.
UAdel MBBS

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Will Monash Medicine Interview affect accepting other offers?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:18:18 pm »
Hi, people.
So I want to do Medicine in Uni and I mainly want to do it either at Monash, or at Melbourne Uni (I would have to do Bio-med first then do MD there).
Apparently Melbourne is gonna take more years to finish the whole course so I would like to put Monash as the first preference. However, I am aware that I would need UMAT and interviews besides ATAR to be eligible to enter. The monash multi-interviews thingy happens in early January and I won't be able to know the results until med January. However, offers from other unis like Melbourne usually has an accepting deadline sometime in med January as well. So if I fail the interviews, do I just won't be able to receive and accept other offers in time and end up not be able to go to either unis? I know Melbourne and other unis have second round offer, but if their first round ones are popularly accepted, could they run out of places and won't have enough second round offers to people like me? Thanks for helping.
If you get selected for an interview, you'll go to that (if I remember correctly, they're held at the end of the first week of January), then you will find out if you're successful when first round offers come out on January the 17th, 2018 (pretty sure this is the date). Either you'll get an offer for med or for one of the courses further down on your preference list. You don't have to stress about not being able to accept different offers on time - you only receive one offer per round :)

It sounds like you're confused about how VTAC preferences and course offers work, so I'd recommend going and having a chat with your careers teacher/counsellor if your school has one, otherwise have a chat with your year level coordinator :)