Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:48:51 am

Author Topic: Inside out  (Read 10240 times)

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +15
Re: Inside out
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 05:27:08 pm »
i'm in year 10 and i'm considering doing methods 1/2 and spesh 1/2 next year. just wondering about how difficult it is? is the workload too much?
First off hey ma dude wassup.
Second off workload-wise specifically to me, its pretty manageable. Spesh specifically doesnt have a lot of work to do. Its just a lot of new concepts you need to get your head around. Methods is uhhh decent chunk of work. U might need to take a day off on the weekend to finish/practice work u dont get other than that you can def do it if you pay attention in class and do your work in class
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 05:29:27 pm »
Lol why is this so relatable?? Like you just described my entire thoughts hahah.

And I enjoy reddit for discussions of my fav shows. Pretty cool journal, enjoying it so far.
Eyy ma dude I appreciate it.
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 11:47:14 pm »
Ey Yo WaSsUp FeLlOw GaMeRs,
its ya boi Comet back at it again with a brand new update. If you havent already click subscribe and press that arrow button
Alright now that is out of the way I have some extremely cringe shit to say so lmao,
Subjects
  • Chemistry: Alright why start off with chem? cause this is the cringe shit lmao. Aight so ya know how on reddit theres always screenshots of how like kindergarden students write some funny shit on their papers. Anyway so I had my chem SAC this thursday and tbh I prepared jack shit for it lmao. Like idk how to say this but I sort of went in there prepared with nothing. And tbh I felt like I knew most if not all of it. Many of us found it easy as well. also shoutout to tutesmart for helping me in chem. I wouldnt have gone in there preparing jack shit unless I was confident in my ability to perform well so thnx. Anyway so end of the test check my answers and everything about 10 times now. Getting bored. Still have like 10 mins to go so I get the idea and Im like "lets do it" and so I did. I wrote a chem joke at the end of my SAC. Like the final section after which it says end of SAC they have like little space.
    Before I share this joke, i must warn viewers at home of cringe lvls over 9k. Im not kidding. After telling this joke. many of my friends have said they want to cut contact from me
    Spoiler
    I asked my friend for sodium broxide. He said "NaBrO"
Also for those wondering, Im pretty sure thats not an actual chemical so lmfao.
  • Biology 3&4: Shoutout to tutesmart once again helping me with my bio shit. Also big shoutout to PheonixFire and Vox. Chads over there at Biology question thread helping me with my last minute questions. Anyway ye had my 2nd Bio 3&4 SAC on the same day as my chem SAC. Was pretty good I think. Dont wanna jinx it, No I didnt write a bio joke at the end of the SAC. that was a one off. I aint a clown
  • Spesh, French, methods, Lit : REEEEEEEEEEE exams are coming next week. My school is exceptionally good at warning us ahead of time and planning ahead with them releasing the exam timetable about a week before the exams(Tis indeed sarcasm). Honestly, if the stress and panic (Lol) from exams weren't enough, my school out here helping me get the best results possible. clap clap.
But ye thats about it for my shit. Um again huge thank you to PheonixFire and Vox. Ya'll were a big help. Love you <3

Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 08:28:17 am »
Btw there is actually a way of getting alerts when a new post is made here & that's the "notify" button.

It's nice to see that you're feeling pretty confident about bio & chem :)

Good luck with your (practice?) exams!

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2019, 05:50:21 pm »
+3
Btw there is actually a way of getting alerts when a new post is made here & that's the "notify" button.

It's nice to see that you're feeling pretty confident about bio & chem :)

Good luck with your (practice?) exams!
Apologies for the late(very late) reply. I sorta thought I already replied and then didnt c my journal until now.
Hey hi how're ya AN,
Exams are now officially over. Lovely people at my school released the timetable about 5 days before the exam so thats nice :).
To my surprise, I went alright tbh most of which I got high 80s for which I think is reasonable for the effort I put in.
now Idk how many literature nerds are here but Literature has been a hard pill for me to swallow. But turns out people do improve!
From my intial score of
Spoiler
56%
to
Spoiler
80%
Im so happy with this score. I'd like to thank the academy, my parents and my last 3 brain cells ;)
Anyway recently I got a really good score for my Bio SAC 2 and one of the major things I started to do which I felt helped me out:
Spoiler
Underlining
Srly, I have started to do this with most of my practice tests I can feel[/b ]an improvement. Something about the underline tells me what the question is asking for and what the marks are coming from.
Plans for vacation:
Alright I have some time on my hands since I'll be home most of the time so to keep me on the study schedule I have decided to finish all required notes and questions from my bio textbook and start doing some practice exams now. My objective is to finish Biology Unit 4 notes and maybe just maybe if I'm not lazy, a lot of Methods since although the exams was ez I still dropped marks. particular one that stings is I accidentally wrote "/{asymptote}" than "\{asymptote}" soooooo Im kinda laughing about that.

other stuff:
one of my friends told me to download league. So I did today. Anybody here also playing league? ;) Im slowly learning.
Another thing: there was a NEAP advantagous series I was using before my SAC 2. It had a diagram of a B cell forming a stimulus receptor model with a macrophage presenting antigens. Just a heads up, thats what a T cell does, B cells engulf or interact with pathogen antigens directly(Im pretty sure).
Again:
Huge shoutout to pheonixfire and vox for helping me through the SACs. I can always count on you all
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2019, 11:37:19 pm »
How are you finding French 1/2, what is the hardest Sac you've done so far?
Btw, I love your sense of humour.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 04:35:28 pm »
Great work re: Lit! Love that improvement. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 11:56:54 am »
+2
How are you finding French 1/2, what is the hardest Sac you've done so far?
Btw, I love your sense of humour.
Easiest SAC was the oral since it was an interview in private with the teacher so my social anxiety didnt get in the way of my speaking. It was a lot easier to prepare for as well. Hardest was prolly the first listening SAC. Im pretty sure everyone or mostly everyone faces their biggest challenge with listening since its hard to distinguish accents and vocab at a high speed without context.
And also thnx :) I try
Great work re: Lit! Love that improvement. :)
Thank you. I hope I can continue to improve it into a 100% :P
Also sorry for the late replies, I genuinely dont think anyone reads this lmao
Anyway onto the usual broadcast. Hello folks
Vacations are ending and so are my dreams
Why Alucard? Why so? I'll tell you oh curious one, because I wasted an entire week being sick :( going from a fever to diarrhoea(also never knew diarrhoea had 2 'r' ) And I wasted most of it playing TFT. I could only finish 2 chapters on Bio.
Alucard dont worry you'll  be fine: Thank you for your concern oh wonderful and caring viewer but nay dont think Im sad or worried. All of this is simple fodder for my crippling humour. You think this is the first time I havent met goals for vacation? HAHA you havent met me. IM A CHAMPION at not meeting deadlines  8)
Right now, what should I do? I've lost my head start? Nope
Time to work hard  and chew bubblegum and I have a lot of bubble gum. I was being an idiot when I said I could finish Unit 4 Bio in 2 weeks.
no no no: thats hardly a challenge. The true challenge is to finish Unit 4 bio in a week while school goes on. EZ CLAP. I'll be leaving now continuing to procrastinate or work hard.
Also while Im here I hear Term 3 is hardest because this is where you doubt yourself. Just here to say: Don't. Keep going at it and never give up. You'll do great :)
~AluminiumCard
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 01:24:59 pm »
+2
Why Alucard? Why so? I'll tell you oh curious one, because I wasted an entire week being sick :( going from a fever to diarrhoea(also never knew diarrhoea had 2 'r' ) And I wasted most of it playing TFT. I could only finish 2 chapters on Bio.

You poor thing! Hope that you are feeling better! At least you have a genuine reason for not getting more done. Two chapters still sound like plenty!

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 10:35:11 am »
+2
You poor thing! Hope that you are feeling better! At least you have a genuine reason for not getting more done. Two chapters still sound like plenty!
tbh that post felt much more of a shitpost lmao. Way too dramatic tbf. People get sick, stuff happens. The only real downside was that I missed the AN bio lecture that I booked since I fell sick right before. Its a feelsbad but I was wayyyy over dramatic in my post.
Thnx for reading my journal tho <3
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2019, 11:39:25 pm »
+5
Aight lads hey hi how're ya?
I like the way I role play as AN and ask questions I want to answer so imma stick with it.
Whats up?
So Alucard how's your life been? Ya do anything interesting?
No.
Ok...? Why make a journal post about it then?
:P
Nah jk. Umm lets see, I got myself a journal yesterday. I say "got" I mean found, under drawers. Also while I am here. Anyone love stationary shopping? New stationary is so oddly satisfying to me. But anyway ye, I got myself some stationary for the new term so thats exciting

Some of time has been spent playing an online simulator. I've made a lot of online friends through this so I keep at it. Plus the game gets really toxic around when fights starts so I usually spent a good 30 mins catching up on all the salt thats been collected.

Subjects wise Im gonna be honest, Im sad
But why Alucard? why so sad?
I'll tell you why. I spend a good deal of time on learning Biology since its my 3&4. Im gonna be honest here right. Unit 4 is trash. Ew. Kill it before it spreads. Ya know how people always say cherish your loved ones before they're gone and you realise your mistake? ye, if anyone does Bio 3&4, take my advice and stay with unit 3 as long as you can. Cherish it. For once you're out of Unit 3's warm embrace and into the cold eyed demon that is Unit 4, the time is 2 terms, the feeling is eternity. So ya thats why I've been bored and sad.

Speaking of bored and sad. Coding. I recently started using the limited amount of coding I did in year 10 to try code some stuff for fun. For those curious, I know python. For those who dont know coding. Python is one of the easiest coding languages. I truly do enjoy a bit of coding from time to time. For my first project back, I decided I wanted to try smth new, so I started making a GUI with tkinter(coding gibberish ahhh), which is basically an app that opens every time I start up my laptop. It's function is to show me a to do list and an area with a bunch of hyperlinks(links). Lemme tell ya, talking about this here definitely helps me validate the hours I spent on it. God I love and hate coding.

Anyway ye thats my life. Everything is just fine
Bye <3
Alucard
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2019, 12:38:44 pm »
+4
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

>tfw your journal is inactive
>tfw ATAR notes warns you to not post on your dead journal
>tfw you're irrelevant
>cri

AYY LMAO
Hello guys just here for a quick status update lol
Things have been meh. I feel meh. I do less work on everything. Meh. Not lack of motivation or smth. Im just a bit bored lol.
Had to wonder if I wanted to continue with my subjects I chose. Mainly Lit and French. I was fine with not changing.
FRENCH. Je have a lot to improve. Gotta make sure I dont throw on my finals in Bio too.
Also, I finally passed AO1. Thank god AO2 is better. ma lord I missed my cell theory shit. Recombinant DNA and Bacterial transformation seems fun OWO.
Hate everything AO1. Hate. HATRED. lol.
Thats it for me lol.
Also:
did you know you could ctrl + A to select everything
did you know you could ctrl + backspace to delete by word than by letter
also try out typing text adventure in google then ctrl +shift+ inspect and go to console.
have fun out there o/
also reminder that AO1 is hated by me. Almost as hated as emojis. HATE EMOJIS
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 12:40:44 pm by Comet striker »
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2019, 10:21:02 am »
hiya comet striker,
i hope you manage to shift your bordem

also reminder that AO1 is hated by me. Almost as hated as emojis. HATE EMOJIS

:)  ;)  :D  ;D  >:(  :(  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(

did i... aNnOy yOu?  :o

pugs

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2019, 05:14:07 pm »
Speaking of bored and sad. Coding. I recently started using the limited amount of coding I did in year 10 to try code some stuff for fun. For those curious, I know python. For those who dont know coding. Python is one of the easiest coding languages. I truly do enjoy a bit of coding from time to time. For my first project back, I decided I wanted to try smth new, so I started making a GUI with tkinter(coding gibberish ahhh), which is basically an app that opens every time I start up my laptop. It's function is to show me a to do list and an area with a bunch of hyperlinks(links). Lemme tell ya, talking about this here definitely helps me validate the hours I spent on it. God I love and hate coding.

hey!! just stumbled upon your journal  ;D how's coding going? i did some back in year 10 as well, but i've pretty much lost all capability to code lol

lowkey want to start an online coding program again just to get back into the rhythm of it – it was pretty fun ngl!

2019 vce journal here

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2019, 10:30:19 pm »
+3
Hey all,
Hows it going? Sorry for the late replies I'm just kinda ghosting on ATAR notes rn soooo.
hiya comet striker,
i hope you manage to shift your bordem

:)  ;)  :D  ;D  >:(  :(  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'(

did i... aNnOy yOu?  :o
DONT TALK TO ME AND MY SON EVER AGAIN
hey!! just stumbled upon your journal  ;D how's coding going? i did some back in year 10 as well, but i've pretty much lost all capability to code lol

lowkey want to start an online coding program again just to get back into the rhythm of it – it was pretty fun ngl!
Yo wassup ma dude, coding is indeed fun. I'm sort of sad I wont do it but not really. Coding I've learnt can be really fun when u have friends to bounce off ideas. As an update, my GUI has the basic functionality done. It looks god awful and apparently implementing a task list is going to cost me to sell my organs to the fake anime weeb wizards. So I did wht I believe any person would do. I went 'ah yes Im not dumb its this language that stops me from becoming a god.' So now I from time to time learn html and javascript. I know basic html from year 4. Basic Html is easiest to learn. With basics u can make a very colourful website sort of like those old websites you see images for, from time to time. My most fond memories of html are from year 4, cause I really liked the marquee tags. For those who dont know wht html marquee is, it is literally:
thisIt was pretty fking funny to me when I implemented this. I remember coding like few pages of linked html files that had like some of my fav pokemon and some weird fking poems I wrote on them lmao. #funtimes Coding is fun. What projects you thinking of coding lol?

Anyway:
hello everyone,
as we reach the final stretch of the year, I have my bio finals. I know many ppl have all their subjects as their finals. Stress. Stress. Stress. AHHH.
Just came here on to say, Good luck to all. If you are ever stressed on like things like "Omg ma dude Idk anything about this subject wtf is this stupid shit. Why does VCAA include Evolution and shit in this" cough cough say no to evolution. Its always good to just take a step back by simply thinking about wht you do know. But Alucard wht if you dont know anything at all? Cry. What do you lose by crying. Cry and hope big bad VCAA doesnt notice your mistakes and is gracious towards you. Either cry or smile like its the end of the world.
Also
Bio: Hows everyone doing on it? I have a few practice exams marked and stuff. But I havent finished writing all my errors in my error book. Im also doing terrible on the exams. Most likely due to the fact that i write them with 0 prep and a 100% thought of "I know this shit, izza gonna be EZ" and get rekt lmao .
Anyway, that wraps up all the things I wanna say about my subjects.
As December approaches, I sort of start  mutating into a different version of myself. and I start to watch.... anime. Nah, for vacations I finished "that time I got reincarnated as a slime", and "Rising of the shield hero" and "Goblin slayer". Just some weekend stuff. I spend most of my time either studying or watching smth or for a swim at night. I make sure to not go out in sunlight because my name wasnt a mistake or a misprint. (hint hint Alucard --> Dracula)
I need to make sure I got the weeb side of me under control so I dont get addicted and start going all "SASSUKKEKKE " and then proceed to end all of humanity. Thats why I make sure to either watch chill anime/ trash anime.
Speaking of anime thats a great thing to talk about on this journal,
Anime reviews with Alucard

anyway thats it for me. I gtg sleep or do spesh. Has the same effect on me either way. I go into a deep unconscious state only awoken when a clock rings.
As always, ayy lmao oh smart ones,
AluminiumCard 
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home