Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 06:57:56 pm

Author Topic: A "creative discovery" ?  (Read 1697 times)

DarkWyvren

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
A "creative discovery" ?
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:30:32 pm »
So there's physical discoveries, emotional discoveries, spiritual disocveries, intellectual, but what the potato is a creative discovery?
my teacher kinda glossed this over, but im kinda curious and worried at the same time.
Do you discover by creating? or do you discover a creation? or even create a discovery?!
Short Examples would be appreciated thx :)
How to be a disappointing individual:
Step 1: refer to the above.

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: A "creative discovery" ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 10:29:14 pm »
+6
So there's physical discoveries, emotional discoveries, spiritual disocveries, intellectual, but what the potato is a creative discovery?
my teacher kinda glossed this over, but im kinda curious and worried at the same time.
Do you discover by creating? or do you discover a creation? or even create a discovery?!
Short Examples would be appreciated thx :)

Hey! I personally always associated creative discoveries with the discoveries that broaden the persona's imagination or sense of wonder. It also could refer to a discovery which heightens the persona's creativity quite simply. For example, the discovery of painting by a persona could enlargen their ideas of the world and how to represent it. Or for the first option, the discovery of the power of the imagination - for this I have seen many examples about personas who discover outer space and throughout the text the reader recognises how their imagination and wonder grows as a result, leading to a more creative outlook on life. Hope that helped :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Re: A "creative discovery" ?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 11:02:04 pm »
+7
Creativity in its broadest sense is through innovation and the use of the imagination. An individual can discover new places that enlightens their imagined world, or it is through their curious nature to explore a completely new world. These are all creative discoveries that is shaped by how we view the world, the attitudes we bring to the real world, and then through these experiences, we can then produce a wider and more insightful view of our imagination.

It's not restricted to something that is intangible. In fact, most creative discoveries are made from the real world: the places we visit, the people we meet, the ideas we uncover, and many more. So long as something valuable and insightful is being formed, this is what we call creative discovery.