Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:59:15 am

Author Topic: How much can I improve from half yearlies to HSC?  (Read 1150 times)  Share 

sophhhhhhiee

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
How much can I improve from half yearlies to HSC?
« on: May 31, 2017, 09:45:31 pm »
Hi, I've just got my half yearly results back and whilst I'm happy with my marks I still need to improve a bit further in order to get in to my desired course (need a 99). One of my major problems is time management - I never seem to finish exams and this is a big part of why I am losing marks. Will I be able to boost my marks by the time of HSC and how do I go about doing this?
Thank you!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: How much can I improve from half yearlies to HSC?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 09:55:33 pm »
+1
Hi, I've just got my half yearly results back and whilst I'm happy with my marks I still need to improve a bit further in order to get in to my desired course (need a 99). One of my major problems is time management - I never seem to finish exams and this is a big part of why I am losing marks. Will I be able to boost my marks by the time of HSC and how do I go about doing this?
Thank you!

Welcome to the forums Sophie! ;D

You can absolutely improve between now and the HSC - It's months away! Plenty of time to bring your results more in line with your goals and expectations. Let me link you to a few guides on time management:

-HSC Time Management
-Study Timetable Guide
-Stages of Study (How to Prioritise)

I'm sure there is lots of other stuff around the site that can be helpful for you - Let us know if we can help in any way! ;D

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
Re: How much can I improve from half yearlies to HSC?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 10:16:40 am »
+3
Thank you!

If you're having trouble with regard to time management I would suggest doing a timed practice paper and noting down the questions you seem to spend too much time on. That might give you an indication as to where you need to improve. As always, time is a b*tch when it comes to exams :( I would always love an extra 5 minuets for an english paper or even a minute to carefully articulate my conclusion but I guess you have to work around it.

Most definitely you can boost your marks before halfies and trials, you've got 7-10 weeks and that's more then enough for you to become a far more efficient worker. Even myself, I did pretty bad for my legal half yearlies but in task 3 I managed to jump 10 ranks and double my percentage in such a short amount of time. You'll be fine if you genuinely apply yourself to your studies and work for it. 99 is in your reach :)

Regards, Wales
Heavy Things :(