Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:37:26 pm

Author Topic: Counting to 20 and other unlikely adventures  (Read 12900 times)

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
Re: Counting to 20 and other unlikely adventures
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 11:28:31 pm »
+10
Guess who's back?
Yes, It's me, your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman count back with another monotonous journal entry

Sorry for the lateness, but...
I procrastinated hard and neglected this Journal
I wanted to save the euphoric experience of writing this here journal entry until this current point in time for obviously logical and sound reasons.

So... How's my VCE Journey going?
In all, pretty good and honestly a bit surprised that its week 7 already. I was told that year 12 would go by in a flash, but never really believed it. However, it seems to be running along quite speedily (not as fast as me though hehe) which is both exciting and worrying. In fact, today I just completed my last SAC for the term, but you will hear more about that later (bet you are on the edge of your sitting surface with excitement and anticipation...)

Generally, I've been keeping up with the work and in some cases working a little bit ahead, but most importantly I've been enjoying myself and have so far maintained my sanity intact. Of course I have stressed a bit about upcoming SACs and what not, but my stress levels have been pretty low and I would attribute that to maintaining a good balance of work and play as well as having some great emotional support around  ;) ;) ;).
On a semi-related-semi-unrelated note, My sleep hasn't been too bad recently - much better than the consistent 5 hours I was getting earlier in the year. Now I'm getting a fairly regular 7 hours - sometimes a bit more and sometimes a bit less. 7 hours is still probably not that good, but its getting there and I honestly feel pretty good off 7 hours sleep.

Because I'm not feeling masochistic today, I'm not going to go through a summary of each day for the last 3 weeks - however much fun you all will have reading through a mountain of tiresome recounts - but will instead just give a summary of whats been popin' in each of my subjects. If you would prefer otherwise, please go off and find an alternate reality where I do fulfil your dreams, but note that this version of me here is undeniably the coolest and most radical.

INGLYSH
We have been proceeding at a fairly steady pace through analysing and discussing Frankenstein (hehe). Most of our classes for the last few weeks have been a collage of reading a section of the book as a class, discussing themes, doing a little bit of a writing task and doing some prescribed reading from the teacher. We have also done a couple of practice essays as we develop our understanding, and while I have not gone overly well in them, they have given me some motivation and some areas to focus my study on. Apart from that, I'm really quite enjoying Frankenstein itself and think it is a great book (which always helps if you are going to be stuck with it for a while)
The other day (which really just means that I can't remember) we did get our SAC results back from our creative responses. I got a 25/30 which I wasn't all that overjoyed with. Apparently that's a really good mark according to my teacher, so I will have to take her word for it, but am still a little disheartened. Hopefully I can use that as fuel for a better next SAC!

FISICS
We have just finished off motion and all that stuff. Starting the year and hearing that we were to encounter "special relativity"  I was honestly a little worried, but as it turns out it really wasn't that hard at all. I managed the content learnerizing pretty dandily and got through it fairly fast which allowed me to do plenty of exam practice questions. This is something I hope I can continue to do in Fisics and carry across to my other subjects where this same initiative is perhaps a little lacking. But anywho, I had my motion SAC today and was grateful that I did so many practice question because it really helped me get everything done in time. Most of the class apparently didn't complete all the questions and the general attitude of the class was that the SAC was a bit of a challenge.
Next class (whenever it is - cause I can't remember) we will be moving on from moving and into fields and all that crazy stuff.

KEMISTREE
We are chugga-chugga chugga-chugga choo choo-ing (thats 4 thank) along at a decent speed at the moment in chemistry. Last week we finished the theory on galvanic cells and did a few little tests on that knowledge (which I did with success) before we moved along to reaction rates and equilibrium. Reaction rate has been fairly easy since it seems pretty logical and also was partially covered through looking at enzymes and reaction rate in biology last year. However, rate of reaction is newer and unknown content that I am currently wading my way through.
[It was at this point that I started to drift of to sleep and so I decided to throw some caffeine into my blood and delete the incoherent string of numbers and letters that I mashed on my keyboard]
I think thats everything that I wanted to say about Chem, so I'll make like a tree and leaf it there.

MAFs
Specifically, Mafs Mefods.
We aren't quite chugga-chugga chugga-chugga choo choo-ing very fast in methods right now. We are still mostly revising basic(ish) algebra from last year and as such, its been pretty easy. The only new thing I have encountered so far is matrices which seem simple enough, but frustrate me because I can never set them out to actually look nice in my workings. Apart from also doing occasional tests and receiving decent results, there isn't much more to say about maths really...

SIGHCOLOGIE
Psych is plodding along at a good pace at the moment. Since we last chatted, I have completed my SAC for the nervous system and got a 94% which (I believe) was potentially equal top mark perhaps maybe. Regardless, I am happy with that mark, but still a little annoyed because the mistakes that I made were just little thinks here and there which I probably shouldn't have made (at least they weren't holes in my knowledge though...).
Now we have bitten into learning and memory which has a sweet initial taste as we cover the neurological basis of memory, however I presume will become a bit more savory as we head into all the different non-biology related stuff (HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I LIKE BIOLOGY ;D).

Concluding Thoughts
I'm very tired and don't know what to think of this vomiting of words which I hope holds some meaning and, better yet, a chuckle or two or three or four or five or six, but not seven (seriously, you would probably be wanting to see professional help if you think this was worth 7 chuckles). Realistically though, this is probably riddled with mistakes, but I'm tired and I hope you can forgive me for this unforgivable crime against humanity
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 11:57:25 pm »
+11
THIS 120 KILOGRAM MAN LOST 20 STONE IN JUST 2 WEEKS USING THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK - READ THIS JOURNAL TO FIND IT OUT.

So… It's been a week since my last entry and since I had a fairly free evening, I thought I would put on my writing gloves and throw some fully sick words down onto your screens (so please don't read them, I don't want them spreading their illness to you)

To give a general overview of my life at the moment, I would say pretty fantastic. School is pretty relaxed at the moment with no imminent SACs, so I'm just moving along through content and questions and enjoying it all. I'm not being overwhelmed by homework and study and I still seem to have the upper hand on stress. Outside of school, my running is coming along nicely and seeing good improvements for my big comp next week in seed knee (ewwww, I know)

And know to give you are little overview as to what is up in my subjects this past week… In alphabetical order (don’t ask me)

Cause I'm hip and like to change things up cause YOLO SWAG 360 NoScoope™, I'm gonna write in dot points
Chemistry
 -  Completed reaction rates and have moved through equilibrium and all that jazz. There's not much to say about this - Its kinda fun, but you can't really be that excited about it honestly (it's no biology, that's for sure)

English
 - We've continued with analysing Frankenstein and I've enjoyed that thoroughly. I am particularly liking the class discussion where I can practice speaking in front of people without dying of embarrassment. I'm still really bad at oral presentations and am not looking forward to my speech I'm going to have to give at some  stage in the future (I would know the date if I was actually organized - oopsies)

- We have also worked through language analysiserizing and did a couple practice essays (one in class, one at home).

- I have realised now that I really should start doing my own practice essays at home (especially for Frankenstein), but am still searching for the motivation to do so.

Maths
 - I still feel like I am revising content from last year and we've almost finished term 1. I don't know if that’s a good thing or not, but methods is seeming pretty chill at the moment.
 - That being said, we did do a test on polynomials using the CAS and I have realised that I am absolutely shocking with the CAS. I knew what I had to do, but everything I did on the calculator just gave me cranky errors and at one stage I displayed multiple applications in split screen and I couldn't get it to go back to normal. Needless to say, I did not do well on that test…

Physics
 - We got the motion SAC back and I was 2nd in the class with a 91%. Pretty happ E about that
 - Since then, we've now sunken our fangs into fields which is pretty funky. Suddenly physics has become 90% sign language what with ways to remember the directions of forces and what not (the FBI mnemonics)
 - and
 - that’s
 - all
 - I
 - got
 - to
 - say
 - bout
 - physics

Psychology
 - We are still going with memory and learning, and learning it all in a rather erratic and all-over-the-place-style. We're Jumping from this bit in chapter 7 here back to chapter 6 to chapter 203 and then back to the future and it's all very disorienting, but I'm hanging in.
 - We covered Alzheimer's disease a few classes back which was exciting because I had done a fair bit of reading on that (namely the implication of the complement in the disease, and other immune elements) but strangely enough none of that was even close to being talked about (BIO COME BACK! YOU CAN BLAME IT ALL ON ME! I WAS WRONG AND I JUST CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!)

NEXT EPISODE:
Looking into the future… (yes I can do that - its pretty craz E)
 - I have 2 days left of school this term since I'm away Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to run in circles (and occasionally jump) for just under 10 minutes.
 - I'm pretty excited about holidays cause I can meetup with some kool kid
 - Also looking forward to the AN meetup so I can hopefully not sit awkwardly and actually initiate a conversation or two.

That should rap it up, yo dawg.
Sorry if this entry is disappointing, and you're welcome if it is the best thing since sliced butter.

P.S
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:02:03 am by Erutepa »
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 02:43:05 pm »
+3
Completed reaction rates and have moved through equilibrium and all that jazz. There's not much to say about this - Its kinda fun, but you can't really be that excited about it honestly (it's no biology, that's for sure)

:o reaction rates and equilibrium link to bio pretty strongly - hold strong until you get to the carbon monoxide poisoning part

Hope you have a great end of term :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2019, 03:25:51 pm »
+4
I know I've said similar previously, but I could not love your terrible jokes more than I do.

Great entry!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2019, 04:19:12 pm »
+3
I could not love your terrible jokes more than I do.
I'm sure you could try harder.
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2019, 04:42:37 pm »
+3
I'm sure you could try harder.

I don't need to try to love them.

How's your week been so far?

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 05:36:38 pm »
+6
I don't need to try to love them.

How's your week been so far?
Haha, thanks.

So far my weeks bean pretty amazing. Went up to Sydney for nationals and went pretty goodly there (or so I'm told). Then spent today hanging out with some kool kid and fell to sleep watching bambi.
But ill probably blab on about it more tomorrow night. So pencil it into you're calanders ladies, gentlemen and turtles.
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2019, 11:23:06 pm »
+11
Good evening… I've been expecting you. Yes you - right there behind that screen - with your human things like breathing and blinking and laughing and crying.

I know I said that I would post this on Friday, but since this was not posted in the "Accountability and Motivation" thread, I am legally not accountable for anything I say.

But anyways, as my grandfather never used to say, let's get this production on the motorway…

TERM WON has been defeated and now lies amounts the piles of other vanquished terms. My last week of school to conclude this term was rather unschooly in that I only had two days of school. Both were rather uneventful, or maybe they were super eventful but my memory was wiped by the alien race that may have abducted me. I think the latter is more likely though.

Apart from those boring/potentially non-boring days, I had three days up in sid knee where I competed at a national athletics comp (but if you have been noting down my previous entries, you would already know that). I ran in the 3km steeplechase (that’s the one with the water) and, after initial disappointment over my performance, think I went pretty well. While I was up there though, I got to meet up with some family and some family friends and drunk a 3 year expired soft drink and ate some ham had a coffee that was really hot so I burned my tongue but was having a conversation with someone who wouldn't appreciate an outburst of "OUCHIES!" so I had to hold in the tears and then we stopped having the conversation but then the pain had subsided and then I was all good. [for everyone who suffered through immense pain reading that sentence, I am not sorry].

Somewhere in that timeline of events up at sid knee, my mother back at home went to parent-teacher interviews. Apparently I'm doing just fine and should keep on doing just what I'm doing. so yay?

And finally…
Today I went to a couple of the lectures as part of this April's free ATAR Notes lecture series.
HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD OF ATAR NOTES - IT'S PRETTY RADICAL. THERE'S EVEN THESE FORUMNS AND THERE'S LIKE THIS 'ERUTEPA' ON IT AND HE'S LIKE MY LIKE IDOL LIKE HONEST BRUH. SOMONE SHOULD GIVE HIM A MEDAL.

Any who, I attended the chemistry in the morning and was very entertained by the presentation (the mixing of memes and humour into it was quite great). Then in the afternoon I went off to physics, and while there was a severe lack of memes, the presenter still was quite good at holding my interest with his energy n stuff. As a whole, I think the even was really smoothly run - can't say I wasn't a bit hurt when I wasn't given a shout out when doing the quick tour of the forums in each lecture though.
Between lectures I was able to meet up with a few users which was nice (even if I only really stood awkwardly, as per my usual). I also got to meet Joseph41 which is definitely in the top 43543 moments of my life so far (a story that will be passed down through the generations, I'm sure).

After those 6 hours of lecturing I had a quick tour of the tutesmart lair and was impressed - it was quite spiffy, although I disappointed with the lack of death lasers (or maybe they were just not on display today?). And after that I did some eating and then went off to a party and then went home and am now very tired and also tired, as well as being tired.
Bonus fun fact: I'm tired.

Hopefully this is coherent and not a pile of custard (although I would be  suprised if any of it made sense)

If you have any issues with this quality journal entry and would like a refund, please PM Aaron and he will promptly reimburse you for the traumatic experience.
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2019, 12:48:45 am »
+7
Quote from: Erutepa
If you have any issues with this quality journal entry and would like a refund, please PM Aaron and he will promptly reimburse you for the traumatic experience.
*disables PMs*
specifically PMs from Erutepa
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 02:28:41 pm »
+6
*disables PMs*
specifically PMs from Erutepa
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 02:30:16 pm »
+4
(Image removed from quote.)

my god. it's horrible and beautiful at the same time

I am.......... surprisingly impressed.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2019, 04:41:14 pm »
+6
Great post as usual.

Please list the other 43,542 top moments of your life so far so I can assess how happy or sad I should be.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 04:44:03 pm by Joseph41 »

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2019, 04:55:19 pm »
+6
Great post as usual.

Please list the other 43,542 top moments of your life so far so I can assess how happy or sad I should be.
Spoiler
1. Studying Biology
2. Studying Biology
3. Studying Biology
4. Studying Biology
5. Studying Biology
6. Being Born
7.Studying Biology
8. Studying Biology
9.Studying Biology
10. Studying Biology
11. Meeting Poet
12. Studying Biology
13. Studying Biology
14. Studying Biology
15. Studying Biology
16. Being Complimented by Aaron
17. Studying Biology
18. Studying Biology
19. Studying Biology
20. Studying Biology
21. Studying Biology
22. Finding a half-eaten cookie on the ground
23. Studying Biology
24. Studying Biology
25. Studying Biology
26. Studying Biology
27. Discovering the cure for aging
28. Studying Biology
29. Studying Biology
30. Studying Biology
31. Studying Biology
32. Spiritually, Georaphically and Mathematically amusing J41
33. That time when I became legal ruler of earth
34. Studying Biology
35. Studying Biology
36. Making this list (without copying/pasting)
37. Studying Biology
38. Studying Biology
39. Studying Biology
40. Studying Biology
43,540. Meeting Joseph41
43,541. Studying Biology
43,542. Studying Biology
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:37:47 pm by Erutepa »
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2019, 05:00:00 pm »
+5
Spoiler
1. Studying Biology
2. Studying Biology
3. Studying Biology
4. Studying Biology
5. Studying Biology
6. Being Born
7.Studying Biology
8. Studying Biology
9.Studying Biology
10. Studying Biology
11. Meeting Poet
12. Studying Biology
13. Studying Biology
14. Studying Biology
15. Studying Biology
16. Being Complimented by Aaron
17. Studying Biology
18. Studying Biology
19. Studying Biology
20. Studying Biology
21. Studying Biology
22. Finding a half-eaten cookie on the ground
23. Studying Biology
24. Studying Biology
25. Studying Biology
26. Studying Biology
27. Discovering the cure for aging
28. Studying Biology
29. Studying Biology
30. Studying Biology
31. Studying Biology
32. Studying Biology
33. That time when I became legal ruler of earth
34. Studying Biology
35. Studying Biology
36. Making this list (without copying/pasting)
37. Studying Biology
38. Studying Biology
39. Studying Biology
40. Studying Biology
43,540. Meeting Joseph41
43,541. Studying Biology
43,542. Studying Biology

I'll take it!

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2019, 07:36:53 pm »
+2
I have had the sudden inclination to ask you what your favorite ice cream flavour is.

:P
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University