Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:36:24 am

Author Topic: Monash Clubs and Societies. Please answer!  (Read 925 times)  Share 

stressedyeareight

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Monash Clubs and Societies. Please answer!
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:18:25 pm »
LOL
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 02:04:52 pm by stressedyeareight »

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Monash Clubs and Societies. Please answer!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 04:30:55 pm »
+5
I am very excited to join different clubs and societies once I start monash uni (clayton campus)

Questions
1) In order to become a first year rep (and get into the actual committee) for cultural clubs in uni, what is the application process like. What kind of questions are asked to determine who gets into the actual committee over just being in the club.

2) If I don't get into the committee, what does just being a member of a cultural club entail? Will I have opportunities to meet and spend time with others from that cultural club regularly? Or will that be something I will only get to experience by being in the committee of the cultural club?

3) how often do people join clubs outside their own ethnicity?
Hey, just firstly I saw you posted this question in about 5 other places around the forums. Make sure in the future you don't replicate posts unecessarily.

1) Will depend on the club. Usually will be a small application possibly including a paragraph about yourself, small speech and a vote. These things are quite casual though.

2) Being a member (or committee) will allow you to spend time with others from the same time at events that the society has organised. Being in teh committee just means you will be organising and setting up these events whilst doing anything else in the background to make sure the society can function. E.g. Attending meetings, handling social media, organising sponsors, setting up events etc.

3) Don't know how often but -  anyone can join any club from my experience.