Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 05:17:04 pm

Author Topic: Memory Table for Legal Studies  (Read 1612 times)  Share 

Tyler_

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Memory Table for Legal Studies
« on: June 24, 2019, 08:39:15 pm »
Hi
Does anyone know of any resources which list every act we should memorise for legal studies? I have been making a table in my book however I think that if I was able to access a list I could cross-reference
VCE Student
2018: Biology

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
Re: Memory Table for Legal Studies
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 01:16:54 pm »
+1
In terms of acts/legislation you need to know, the study design states that students should be able to:

• discuss the significance of section 109 of the Australian Constitution
  • discuss the significance of one High Court case interpreting sections 7 and 24 of the Australian Constitution

Therefore, legislation you can be directly tested on is limited to the above sections of the Australian Constitution. However, as you're probably aware, the more legislation you can include when explaining other concepts, the greater depth you can add to your answers. I'm not aware of any lists, but for me, personally, any legislation that was mentioned in a textbook/resource, I'd make an attempt at memorising.
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

mlidgerwood4617

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Memory Table for Legal Studies
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 09:10:12 am »
Hi
Does anyone know of any resources which list every act we should memorise for legal studies? I have been making a table in my book however I think that if I was able to access a list I could cross-reference

My recommendation is to go through the study design and highlight sections of the Constitution which you MUST know. This includes section 109 and sections 7&24. However, the more you know the better - as long as it is relevant (e.g. where the separation of powers is stated, not just extra fancy stuff!)

Also from memory, the study design doesn't specifically say you need to know legislation other than the Constitution. HOWEVER some key acts that might be useful include: Crimes Act 1958, Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 & other legislation for cases you know.

It's more important to learn key content and learn how to answer questions efficiently than memorising as much legislation as possible so I would advise just know the basics stuff that's above and once you've smashed the questions, go the extra step and include more legislation.