Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:29:45 am

Author Topic: Visual Perception  (Read 1682 times)  Share 

psychlaw

Visual Perception
« on: April 19, 2008, 06:41:04 pm »
does anybody have any summarised notes, like a paragraph on
#The response to light
#Research methods in visual perception, including use of participant selection, random and straitified sampling, participant allocation; control and experimental groups
and finally ethical principles in the conduct of psychological research (in Visual perception)

these are the only 3 points im not really confident on in visual perception, and that weren't in Erinys notes (really great notes though, highly recommended for anyone doing psych! thanks alot for them!)

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
Re: Visual Perception
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 07:43:48 pm »
I'm glad my notes helped :)

I think it's easier to study all of the ethical principles together in one big group that covers everything, so just the normal confidentiality, voluntary participation, withdrawal  rights, informed consent, deception, debriefing, beneficence, justice, integrity, respect for persons, and anything else I may have missed. It should all be in your textbook, if not, my notes have a lot of the research methods stuff right at the end.

You don't really have to study research methods in visual perception separately from the normal research methods. The only difference is that on the exam they might give you a scenario describing some kind of visual perception experiment and you have to apply your knowledge of research methods to it. If that makes sense...

What do you mean by 'response to light'? (sorry, it's been awhile since I've done visual perception). Do you mean the visible light spectrum or information about photoreceptors or how light physically enters the eye? Or all of those things?

daniel99

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 04:25:21 pm »
responses to light esentially means how light (electromagnetic energy) travels through the eye and ends up in the primary visual cortex..

does anybody have any summarised notes, like a paragraph on
#The response to light
#Research methods in visual perception, including use of participant selection, random and straitified sampling, participant allocation; control and experimental groups
and finally ethical principles in the conduct of psychological research (in Visual perception)

these are the only 3 points im not really confident on in visual perception, and that weren't in Erinys notes (really great notes though, highly recommended for anyone doing psych! thanks alot for them!)

Il send you some notes before friday 25th.

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 10:19:51 pm »
responses to light esentially means how light (electromagnetic energy) travels through the eye and ends up in the primary visual cortex..
So like, reception, transduction, transmission (i.e. visual sensation)? Because I did write notes on that...

hazza92

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 11:34:34 pm »
So like, reception, transduction, transmission (i.e. visual sensation)? Because I did write notes on that...
daniel is wrong, reception transduction etc is called the Visual Perception System

daniel99

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 10:36:14 am »
is it how light is sent to the retina?? etc...e.g the lens curves inwards to focus light onto the retina and which activates the rods and cones.

Also the pupil will constrict or buldge depending on whether there is a lot of light or not enough..

Is that what you are talking about????