Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:23:18 am

Author Topic: UoM General Chat  (Read 4767477 times)  Share 

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
Re: UoM General Chat
« Reply #915 on: October 01, 2012, 05:07:50 pm »
Bio MST results are up incase anyone doesn't know (bachelor of science)
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
  • Respect: +105
  • School: Melbourne Dental School
« Reply #916 on: October 01, 2012, 06:22:56 pm »
This is depressing, how many useless and long words does our bio lecturer expect us to memorise!!

Farr about 50 weird and funny sounding words were used today.. It's harder cuz they are not like normal words that are easier to memorise
:D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D                               

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #917 on: October 01, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »
This is depressing, how many useless and long words does our bio lecturer expect us to memorise!!

Farr about 50 weird and funny sounding words were used today.. It's harder cuz they are not like normal words that are easier to memorise

No idea, I don't remember half of it haha.
Have you started exam study?

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
« Reply #918 on: October 01, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »

haha ofc not! I always tend to cram for exams..

When are you planning to start revisions?? I really want to try to get some revision early this time .Hopefully i can start same time as you.

We should start another bio exam thread like last semester :P that was helpful :D

Why are the MST results in decimals points?? Is 10 the maximum?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:53:57 pm by jinny1 »

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #919 on: October 01, 2012, 07:42:00 pm »

When are you planning to start revisions?? I really want to try to get some revision early this time .Hopefully i can start same time as you.

We should start another bio exam thread like last semester :P that was helpful :D

Lol I started today, up to lecture 3. Yeah we will! (but this is because of my horrible exam timetable, have to start early).

Yeah I know I thought it was out of 23 or something.. I got 7.9 as if 0.01 off a h1!!

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
« Reply #920 on: October 01, 2012, 08:15:58 pm »

Lol I started today, up to lecture 3. Yeah we will! (but this is because of my horrible exam timetable, have to start early).

Yeah I know I thought it was out of 23 or something.. I got 7.9 as if 0.01 off a h1!!

lol i swear we always get similar marks!

i got 8 :P

So when you revise, do you just go over the lecture slides and jot down key points/notes from it??

VivaTequila

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +131
« Reply #921 on: October 01, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »
I dunno, I just always feel inclined and interested to do Chem revision throughout. I know half of Organic like the back of my hand, the other half not so much. I understand most of kinetics. And now I'm going to plan to keep up with all of the redox stuff so that it doesn't get ahead of me.

I don't know anything past lecture 11 of Bio, but there were only maybe 5 or so of Dawn's lectures and then thankfully Rick's lectures, which I mostly seemed to understand.

So I'm not going to touch them for now and I'll just get back to them later and cram, cram, cram Bio. It payed off beautifully last semester.

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #922 on: October 01, 2012, 08:44:55 pm »

lol i swear we always get similar marks!

i got 8 :P

So when you revise, do you just go over the lecture slides and jot down key points/notes from it??

eugh, it's complete bs. I looked over every single lecture and memorised each. I can honestly say that I couldn't have improved on anything.

I simplify lecture notes and memorise them, but sometimes you can't simplify them much!

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #923 on: October 01, 2012, 08:46:28 pm »
I dunno, I just always feel inclined and interested to do Chem revision throughout. I know half of Organic like the back of my hand, the other half not so much. I understand most of kinetics. And now I'm going to plan to keep up with all of the redox stuff so that it doesn't get ahead of me.

I don't know anything past lecture 11 of Bio, but there were only maybe 5 or so of Dawn's lectures and then thankfully Rick's lectures, which I mostly seemed to understand.

So I'm not going to touch them for now and I'll just get back to them later and cram, cram, cram Bio. It payed off beautifully last semester.

I ♥ kinetics, revising that first.

Rick's lectures were just memory work, genetics is applications. You should probably do the practice problems if you haven't done those?

catwoman101

« Reply #924 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:04 am »
does UoM have anything to do with exercise science ?

golden

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Sharpshot
  • Respect: +102
  • School: VSC
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #925 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:34 am »
@claireb yeah, so behind in lectures and stuff though- really need to catch up. How are you finding the assignment?

@yearningforsimplicity an example might be:

a) How are you goin' robbie?
b) Not bad jim

Context: A (age: ?, gender:?) greets his nextdoor neighbour, B, (age? gender?) on a sunday morning.

Make sure to number the examples and list the contexts.

Ohh Thanks for that! :) I'm a bit confused though because my tutor was saying we had to put like the background info about the participants in the 'method' section as well? :-\

Mentioning a few examples and then saying the rest is in the appendix for more info might be an option. This has honestly been one of the hardest assignments I have done in my life. Nonetheless it was a pretty good one!

Good luck "guys" with it (hehe).

I actually enjoyed this assignment, really interesting picking up all these things in natural conversation. Hate referencing though! Ended up getting like 10 which makes it even harder.

Just in case anyone was wondering the results are out for Intercultural Communication Assignment 1.
2014: Microbiology/Immunology Major.

Thanks to (alphabetical order):
2010: appianway. 2011: Kamil9876, laseredd, xZero. 2012: dc302, harper, marr.
Multiple times: pi, Russ, stonecold, TT.

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #926 on: October 02, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »
@claireb yeah, so behind in lectures and stuff though- really need to catch up. How are you finding the assignment?

@yearningforsimplicity an example might be:

a) How are you goin' robbie?
b) Not bad jim

Context: A (age: ?, gender:?) greets his nextdoor neighbour, B, (age? gender?) on a sunday morning.

Make sure to number the examples and list the contexts.

Ohh Thanks for that! :) I'm a bit confused though because my tutor was saying we had to put like the background info about the participants in the 'method' section as well? :-\

Mentioning a few examples and then saying the rest is in the appendix for more info might be an option. This has honestly been one of the hardest assignments I have done in my life. Nonetheless it was a pretty good one!

Good luck "guys" with it (hehe).

I actually enjoyed this assignment, really interesting picking up all these things in natural conversation. Hate referencing though! Ended up getting like 10 which makes it even harder.

Just in case anyone was wondering the results are out for Intercultural Communication Assignment 1.

how'd you go?

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +103
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #927 on: October 02, 2012, 03:58:41 pm »
How do you go about memorising an entire lecture slide document? D: I've never really had to commit mass amounts of information to memory since a lot math/sci involves really understanding the concept but with comm you need to know a lot of definitions to get to the concept, well that's what i've found.

lexitu

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University.
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #928 on: October 02, 2012, 04:41:47 pm »
does UoM have anything to do with exercise science ?

There is one researcher (whose name I've forgotten) who is involved, but the research expertise is fairly limited I think. I asked someone about this just a few weeks ago.

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #929 on: October 02, 2012, 05:23:14 pm »
How do you go about memorising an entire lecture slide document? D: I've never really had to commit mass amounts of information to memory since a lot math/sci involves really understanding the concept but with comm you need to know a lot of definitions to get to the concept, well that's what i've found.

As in a single lecture?