Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 08:55:58 am

Author Topic: UoM General Chat  (Read 4781772 times)  Share 

claireb

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +3
Re: UoM General Chat
« Reply #795 on: July 23, 2012, 10:22:28 pm »
Is the timetabling playing up for anyone? It keeps saying registering is unavailable but then after a few page refreshes it starts to work...

Does it say that it's not availale for four hours or something? This has happened to me a few times but will work a little while later.

Greatness

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +103
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #796 on: July 23, 2012, 10:48:12 pm »
Is the timetabling playing up for anyone? It keeps saying registering is unavailable but then after a few page refreshes it starts to work...

Does it say that it's not availale for four hours or something? This has happened to me a few times but will work a little while later.
Yeah that happened :/ And some of the lecture streams are weird it shows 2 of the 3 lectures but the 3rd one isnt there... AND ive got a missing subject there lol but it still detects that they're in the time slots that i registered in during the holidays... bloody hell lol

Does anyone know if they record linear algebra lectures?

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
  • Respect: +105
  • School: Melbourne Dental School
« Reply #797 on: July 24, 2012, 03:46:30 pm »
+2
Freaking hate it when lecturers spend all their time just reading off the screen slides.

ffs tell us something that we havn't already read
:D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D                               

jinny1

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • .carpe diem
  • Respect: +105
  • School: Melbourne Dental School
« Reply #798 on: July 25, 2012, 06:02:34 pm »
So our lecturer didn't come to our lecture today -.- everybody left.

What happens now?? this is the only chem stream, everybody is one lecture behind
:D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D                               

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #799 on: July 25, 2012, 06:14:48 pm »

What happens now?? this is the only chem stream, everybody is one lecture behind

Maybe he'll aim to merge 2 lectures or something..
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

VivaTequila

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +131
« Reply #800 on: July 25, 2012, 08:29:46 pm »
biophysics is actually very interesting, if not somewhat too easy to begin with, i'm actually very glad i picked this subject so far because it is just practical physics knowledge to do with stuff that i'm interested in (chemistry and physics) without the annoying stuff (sound, structures, some of the more pointless motion things, etc)

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #801 on: July 25, 2012, 09:05:39 pm »
biophysics is actually very interesting, if not somewhat too easy to begin with, i'm actually very glad i picked this subject so far because it is just practical physics knowledge to do with stuff that i'm interested in (chemistry and physics) without the annoying stuff (sound, structures, some of the more pointless motion things, etc)

how are you finding chem 2 vivatequila? (you are doing chem 2 yeah?)

Hancock

• SUPER ENGINEERING MAN
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +270
  • School: Ringwood Secondary College
« Reply #802 on: July 25, 2012, 10:05:58 pm »
+2

If this was Chemistry 1, let me tell you gripping story. Came to uni at 1pm for my CHEM10003 tutorial, since it said they started on Week 1 on the Chem1 board. Walk in to a tutor telling me they start next week. Then go to  my first chem lecture, and lecturer doesn't show up. First chemistry subject at university is looking great already!!!!!  :-\
Thinking of doing Engineering? - Engineering FAQs

2012 - 2014: B.Sc. - Mechanical Systems - The University of Melbourne
2014 - 2014: Cross-Institutional Study - Aero/Mech Engineering - Monash University
2015 - 2016: M.Eng (Mechanical with Business) - The University of Melbourne
2015 - Sem1: Exchange Semester - ETH Zurich

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #803 on: July 25, 2012, 11:40:40 pm »
can you swap degrees at the end of first year, eg arts to science, if your breadth subjects are science ones like calc and chem etc. or no way

Hancock

• SUPER ENGINEERING MAN
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +270
  • School: Ringwood Secondary College
« Reply #804 on: July 25, 2012, 11:48:59 pm »
can you swap degrees at the end of first year, eg arts to science, if your breadth subjects are science ones like calc and chem etc. or no way

Yes you can, and you can credit your core arts subjects (if going arts to science) as breadth and credit your science breadths as core credit in your BSci degree.
Thinking of doing Engineering? - Engineering FAQs

2012 - 2014: B.Sc. - Mechanical Systems - The University of Melbourne
2014 - 2014: Cross-Institutional Study - Aero/Mech Engineering - Monash University
2015 - 2016: M.Eng (Mechanical with Business) - The University of Melbourne
2015 - Sem1: Exchange Semester - ETH Zurich

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #805 on: July 25, 2012, 11:53:47 pm »
sweet, is this even if you didnt fill up the vce pre-reqs for science?

sluu001

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +28
  • School: University of Melbourne
« Reply #806 on: July 26, 2012, 12:35:40 am »
Uni won't allow you to tranfer into sci if you don't have the pre-reqs.

VivaTequila

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +131
« Reply #807 on: July 26, 2012, 06:23:41 pm »

Poorly explained, but if you consult a book you'll get it. The second lecture was a skullfuck but when I spent like 15mins on YouTube searching concepts I learnt it NP. This is the stuff that I actually picked chemistry to do, and I've previously just read up on similar sorts of things, so this isn't all that whack. I'm just glad I actually learned Chemistry 1 properly because otherwise it would be a lot harder to understand.

I hate the fucking lecturer though... people like him honestly need to be put down.

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #808 on: July 26, 2012, 07:44:36 pm »

Poorly explained, but if you consult a book you'll get it. The second lecture was a skullfuck but when I spent like 15mins on YouTube searching concepts I learnt it NP. This is the stuff that I actually picked chemistry to do, and I've previously just read up on similar sorts of things, so this isn't all that whack. I'm just glad I actually learned Chemistry 1 properly because otherwise it would be a lot harder to understand.

I hate the fucking lecturer though... people like him honestly need to be put down.

I think he's enthusiastic, which is great but I think enthusiastic + great lecturer is a combination that you can rarely find nowadays..

Tutorial was very helpful today though. About the chem 1 thing, i don't think it's toooo bad without having done it (so far), it's basically the same stuff we looked at (so far).

Chromeo33

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Melbourne High School
« Reply #809 on: July 27, 2012, 09:07:52 pm »
+1
Anyone with experience doing linear algebra and calculus 2?

I was planning on doing linear algebra over this summer without having done calc 2, would that be a problem?