Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:58 pm

Author Topic: Can't be fucked doing year 12  (Read 7505 times)  Share 

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Can't be fucked doing year 12
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 11:10:13 pm »
+4
Thank you.
Very weird because I sleep 6 hours a day on a school night, despite not doing any assignments (usually this is what keeps select school kids pulling allnighters).
Do you go to a select school? I'm surprised as it seems it looks like you have everything under control

No problem at all

Hmm yeah that's significantly less than ideal for our age group - if you're struggling to fall asleep at a good time you might want to look into improving your sleep hygiene

I'm in uni actually (studying a science/leadership course at Monash; I went to an under rep school but I was definitely doing more study & extracurriculars than my friends at MHS in year 12.

SamohTL

• Fresh Poster
  • sup
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 05:38:05 pm »
+3
mhs grad here!
As with you, I hit a brick wall when I was in year 12. You just have to utilise your time properly like going to teachers during lunch (I know that feeling of lunchtimes, uno is just too good of a game to miss out on). What's been contributed already is noteworthy.
Year 11 is a more chillax year, year 12 is seriously crunch time so make sure you pull your head in.
Get more sleep man, make sure you try and not skip out on anything during classes (seriously, as boring as legal studies is there, just focus!)

PM me if you need more help.

mehviral

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 04:47:12 pm »
+1
Pseudo-VCE journal

23/12: tried reading English books. Plot is boring as fuck so I gave up. I then Slept

24/12: Tried studying methods. Topics are too bullshit so I gave up. I then Slept

25/12: nothing

26/12: procrastinating

This is such a useless post. I literally can not be screwed touching my books at all. Rip Melbourne high class of 2019, I'm bringing your median study score down  ;)

Goodbye for now.
School: Melbourne High School

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 06:20:20 pm »
+2
First step to solving a motivation issue: doing something to keep yourself accountable. Nice to know that, as begrudgingly as it seems, you're still willing to approach said issue and do something, rather than sit idly and let it slide again. Keep at it! 
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

aspiringantelope

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 06:41:17 pm »
+2

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 12:35:13 pm »
+2
Pseudo-VCE journal

23/12: tried reading English books. Plot is boring as fuck so I gave up. I then Slept

24/12: Tried studying methods. Topics are too bullshit so I gave up. I then Slept

25/12: nothing

26/12: procrastinating

This is such a useless post. I literally can not be screwed touching my books at all. Rip Melbourne high class of 2019, I'm bringing your median study score down  ;)

Goodbye for now.

Hey, 

Trying is a pretty important step.  Hopefully you try again next week. However small,  everytime you try you make progress and build the habit of doing *something*.

It's hard to get into good routines for your wellbeing this close to new year's eve, but hopefully this is something you work on next week (especially sleep - (not to be repetitive but) I think that could really help you)  :)

mehviral

• Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 03:40:10 pm »
+10
So...

8 months later, I've finally decided to come back to this post (I honestly forgot about this website until one of my classmates mentioned it.. whoops).
Just want to let you know that I'm doing fine, definitely a big step up from last year (recently found out i'm in the top 20 in terms of ranking for methods!)

I never knew how much putting distractions away and ACTUALLY studying helped so much.

This will probably be one of my last updates on this post (I don't want to devalue the VCE journals) , so thank you everyone for their lovely comments and PMs. I'll make sure to give my final updates when ATARs are released.
:)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2019, 04:21:14 pm »
So...

8 months later, I've finally decided to come back to this post (I honestly forgot about this website until one of my classmates mentioned it.. whoops).
Just want to let you know that I'm doing fine, definitely a big step up from last year (recently found out i'm in the top 20 in terms of ranking for methods!)

I never knew how much putting distractions away and ACTUALLY studying helped so much.

This will probably be one of my last updates on this post (I don't want to devalue the VCE journals) , so thank you everyone for their lovely comments and PMs. I'll make sure to give my final updates when ATARs are released.
:)

Really glad to hear things are going well for you! :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

mehviral

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2019, 12:04:00 pm »
+5
English: 26
Methods: 47
Chemistry: 41
Biology: 29
Legal: 38

ATAR: 89.30

Guess that's all she wrote. Thanks everyone  ;)

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2019, 12:10:30 pm »
+4
English: 26
Methods: 47
Chemistry: 41
Biology: 29
Legal: 38

ATAR: 89.30

Guess that's all she wrote. Thanks everyone  ;)
Congrats! That’s amazing to hear that you were able to find the motivation to study in time, as that was something you seemed to be struggling most with. :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:12:14 pm by AngelWings »
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

mehviral

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2019, 06:44:19 pm »
+2
Congrats! That’s amazing to hear that you were able to find the motivation to study in time, as that was something you seemed to be struggling most with. :)
Thank you ♥️

This finally concludes this pseudo-journal. I hope everyone is happy with their scores and don't beat yourself if you aren't. All the best to everyone 😊