Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:15:48 pm

Author Topic: Exam meta - student number/writing booklets  (Read 1947 times)

_____

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +22
Exam meta - student number/writing booklets
« on: October 07, 2017, 07:19:02 pm »
Other schools might have told people about this but I was wondering...

Do I need to remember my student number for the exams?
Can I name/number answer booklets after writing time has finished or do I need to ask the examiner? Am I correct in saying the booklets are pre-numbered based on the question for most subjects but the additional booklets don't have numbers pre-written?

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: Exam meta - student number/writing booklets
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:30:08 pm »
+3
1. Do I need to remember my student number for the exams?
probably not. your school will probably have name cards and numbers on the desks when you walk into the exam room so you know where to sit. just in case they don't do that (i doubt they'll let you sit wherever) remember it anyway!

2. Can I name/number answer booklets after writing time has finished or do I need to ask the examiner? Am I correct in saying the booklets are pre-numbered based on the question for most subjects but the additional booklets don't have numbers pre-written?
don't put your name, school, etc on your booklet!!!! only your number! but yea, you can do that after writing time has finished. yep, you're right about the booklets being pre-numbered for some subjects, but not the additional ones.
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

Henry Kocatekin

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 10:10:32 pm »
Our school lets us write our student number on the clear bag we carry the pens etc in. (with permanent marker.)

This is good if you don't have a good memory I guess.

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 12:23:53 pm »
I had to remember my student number for drama practicals cause the just say "are you student: 12345678?" And you have to say yes or no. A easy way to remeber it is make either the whole number, or parts of the number (as in 1st 4 digits, or last 4 digits) a passcode for something such as your phone. This way if you remeber it you don't have to stress about not knowing it on the exam days.
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

Savas_P

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 02:12:29 pm »
you should be able to remember your number, I would to make sure you so you write it down correctly. also you are allowed to number your booklets after writing time, I'm still not exactly sure how that would work since it might look like you are cheating.