Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:03:40 pm

Author Topic: Krischuffer's Motivation and Fitness journal  (Read 778 times)

krischuffer

• Adventurer
  • hi everyone :D
  • Respect: +9
Krischuffer's Motivation and Fitness journal
« on: June 19, 2020, 10:44:57 am »
+5
Hey guys! Hows everyone today? Hope whenever youre reading this youre happy, not stressed and enjoying yourself!
This past few weeks I've been really motivated and enjoying my time studying and being productive. I know this won't last forever, so Im making this here so I can read back on it when im feeling unmotivated. And this week I've decided to be more fit and try to lose weight and gain some muscle, might as well take advantage of my motivated mood.

Here's what im doing:

To motivate myself

It all starts in my mornings. I used to wake up around 8:15 am, very late and I get very stressed and rush to get ready for school. So lately I've been trying to wake up 15 minutes earlier everyday. Today i woke up at 7:15, a whole hour before what I usually wake up, so I count that as a win! My goal is to wake up at 7am everyday, hopefully tomorrow I can do it.

Straight after waking up, I get myself ready. I get into my uniform, brush my teeth, fix my hair, etc. This helps me to feel like my day is really starting and helps me wake up. usually the night before I had fixed my school bag and anything else I need, besides coffee. So i make my coffee, grab an apple or a few grapes if Im hungry, then if I have time, sit down on my couch and play Animal crossing for a few minutes. If i have any homework left over, Ill do that instead.

Finally I leave for school. I get to school 20 minutes before class starts so I have time to hand in any forms to the office or talk to any teachers I need to. Then I have my long and tedious school day. Im usually very quiet during class, I like to sit near my friends, but I focus on my work for 99% of the class time.

Once i get home at around 3:15, i take a shower and get changed into comfier clothing, it helps me relax. Then i once again sit down and play some Animal Crossing until 4:00. Once the clock strikes four, I make myself a bowl of fruit, usually cut up apples and grapes. Then I sit down on my table and start working.

Once im sat down, I set a timer on my phone for 1 hour and throw it on the chair behind me so I dont use it. Sometimes if im feeling rather unmotivated, Ill call my girlfriend and leave her on facetime so she can remind me not to touch my phone. Then I make my to do list for the afternoon, and send any emails I need to send, or answer them. Then I get straight into work. After an hour, I take a 10 min break to stand up and stretch or get some more snacks or water. From this point on its the same thing til around 8pm. If I dont have much work, or much to study, I might go for a walk, draw a little, play some games, or just relax in bed. Then i have dinner, wash up, fix my bag and uniform for the next day, and head to bed to play an hour of Animal Crossing before I head to bed.

That was long wow. Sorry you had to read all that.

To get more fit

I downloaded an app that makes me track my steps and calories each day, it helps to motivate me to not overeat and excercise. Im quite unfit and rather busy, so I only set a 6,000 steps per day goal. I walk to and from school for about 10 minutes each way, so I dont get much. Im looking to somehow add a run or a few quick excercises in my routine from now on.

For what I eat, Im filipino so most of the food we have at home is rather hefty and contains a lot of rice. Currently Im just trying to lessen how much rice I eat each day and if I can, ill have a salad instead. Some days I just forget to have dinner because Im so engrossed in my work, or I ate too many snacks while working. At my school we get free lunches every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so its quite hard to keep a consistent calorie count on it, but I dont mind, its tasty and its free so Ill take it. Im in the process of cutting out most sugars in my diet, but I still cant stomach coffee without sugar, so Ive still got a long way to go.

And thats basically it for now! I love this site and browsing through everyones experiences and thought i should share mine :). Ill probably update it often, every few days if not everyday. This is more for me than for anybody else, but I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Have a nice day everyone and good luck on any SACs or exams you have soon!  ;D

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: Krischuffer's Motivation and Fitness journal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 03:56:24 pm »
+2
Hey krischuffer!

Welcome to the forums! :D

It is awesome that you have created a motivation and fitness journal, and sounds like you have already started achieving come of your goals so far :)
Goodluck!

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

krischuffer

• Adventurer
  • hi everyone :D
  • Respect: +9
Re: Krischuffer's Motivation and Fitness journal
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 05:32:59 pm »
21/06/2020, a gloomy Sunday. Last weekend before term break.

Hi! I guess this is my first update. For starters, today is a bit of a boring day, I had no homework to do, and even less motivation to even go ahead in my Chemistry class by a chapter or two. I felt bored and lazy the whole day, which broke my ongoing streak of motivation that lasted nearly two weeks.

I got a result for a test I did a few days ago. For context, It's not going into reports, it's not a SAC or a CAT or anything, just more of a "lets see how well you did VCE Chem over remote learning". It did not go well at all. I got exactly 50%, a D. I am so disappointed with my grade and ended up crying a good long time. I worked as hard as I could to revise for this test a week beforehand, and I was so confident I would get a mark at least over 70%, but apparently not. I am very much to blame for it, I lost all my motivation during quarantine and ended up muting the class call when I had one, and just cheating off answers for the questions. I realise that this was a big big mistake and is obviously biting me back now, but Im still disappointed. I thought for sure that I had understood the past four chapters pretty well. It seemed simple after all, just basic Organic Chemistry stuff, but I forgot even how to draw simple electron dot diagrams during the test. Although it isn't counted towards my grade, I feel very sad and disappointed off of my mark. Im worried ill lose motivation for everything in the next few months because of this minor setback.

On another note, I also kinda lost track of my fitness motivation. I overate today and yesterday and didnt' even log my calories into my app. I dont like where this is going.

On the brightside, I finally got a haircut yesterday after 4 months of long hair. Plus, pizza for lunch today.

Hopefully things are looking better for you lot, at least better than mine. Have a great day!  :)