Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:00:15 am

Author Topic: Accepted an early offer --- now what?  (Read 1737 times)

Rakuu

• Adventurer
Accepted an early offer --- now what?
« on: December 19, 2020, 10:15:31 am »
Finally got my ATAR!! but I also signed up for QUT early offer and just realised I have accepted it. I was planning to conditionally accept it but I wasn't reading it properly/forgot  that we had to re-arrange our QTAC preferences in order to be considered as conditionally accept. Has anyone dealt with this kind of issue before?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
Re: Accepted an early offer --- now what?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 10:32:27 am »
Hey,

Congratulations!

Ok, so if I'm understanding correctly:
- You accepted your QUT early offer
- There is a course you would rather be in than your QUT offer

What you need to do:
- Put your preferences in the right order (of preference) before 12pm Monday so you can be considered for the 23rd December and January 14 offer rounds. Everything you want to be considered for should be above the course you were already offered.
- Assuming you end up accepting a different course, double check if you need to withdraw from your QUT one before census date (generally in March) just to be safe but once you have another course as your top preference your QUT early offer one will change to conditional (i.e. your acceptance will depend on whether you get into another course instead)

Let me know if I've misunderstood your situation or if you have any more questions :)

Edit: census date is when your uni fees "lock in"
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 11:12:38 am by Bri MT »