Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 03:03:57 am

Author Topic: Biomedical Science Scholars Program  (Read 945 times)  Share 

cherryblossoms

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Biomedical Science Scholars Program
« on: September 28, 2020, 04:25:34 pm »
+1
Hi,

If I study the Bachelor of Biomedical Science Scholars Program, am I still eligible for the 70% of the available places in Monash postgrad entry Medicine? I understand there’s a research unit for Scholars as well, will this affect my WAM? Also, do they use your results from second year or third year if I'm trying to apply for postgrad med? 

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Biomedical Science Scholars Program
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 04:42:20 pm »
+4
Hi,

If I study the Bachelor of Biomedical Science Scholars Program, am I still eligible for the 70% of the available places in Monash postgrad entry Medicine? I understand there’s a research unit for Scholars as well, will this affect my WAM? Also, do they use your results from second year or third year if I'm trying to apply for postgrad med? 
My understanding is that you would still be eligible. The research unit will affect your WAM but you are able to do it anywhere in years 2 and 3 so if you leave it to the last semester of year 3 it won't be used for postgraduate course entry in the following year. However, if you take a gap year or do honours it would be included in the year after.

I think different universities have different ways of calculating your undergraduate results but for the most part they take results from your first 2.5 years into account for offering places. Then in the final semester you just need to maintain without dropping down too much.