Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:31:01 am

Author Topic: 2019 Monash New Student Thread  (Read 66241 times)  Share 

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: 2019 Monash New Student Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2019, 09:20:49 am »

Still struggling to enrol, with no ability to complete 2FA. I have contacted the Service Desk multiple times, and I was rung on Friday, and told that there was a 24-hour exemption so that I could complete the rest of the enrolment, but it just came back to the same screen, shown below. Does anyone have any suggestions, besides emailing back (which I've already done)? Pls???

Sorry I may have missed earlier posts about this so a bit out of the loop. Are you unable to use the Okta app ?
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2019, 10:24:28 am »
Still struggling to enrol, with no ability to complete 2FA. I have contacted the Service Desk multiple times, and I was rung on Friday, and told that there was a 24-hour exemption so that I could complete the rest of the enrolment, but it just came back to the same screen, shown below. Does anyone have any suggestions, besides emailing back (which I've already done)? Pls???
If you have access to a different phone, I would suggest calling Monash Connect, and they should be able to connect you to an IT support person to help you out on the spot. If you don't have phone access, I don't believe there's an easy way to bypass MFA without the exemption (it can be a pain), so unfortunately you'll probably have to wait for the email reply.
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2019, 10:37:22 am »
If you don't have phone access, I don't believe there's an easy way to bypass MFA without the exemption (it can be a pain), so unfortunately you'll probably have to wait for the email reply.

If you do not have a phone, consider using a pc-based phone emulator such as bluestacks. You can download Okta onto there and verify right from your computer. Here's a link - https://www.bluestacks.com/
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

ddvv

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2019, 10:16:30 pm »
Hi, I'm currently in Grade 12 in Queensland and looking to study biomedical science at Monash Uni next year. I was wondering if people had any recommendations as to what hall I should stay in – I am looking at both the Residential Village and the Urban Community. Thanks!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2019, 10:27:47 am »
Hi, I'm currently in Grade 12 in Queensland and looking to study biomedical science at Monash Uni next year. I was wondering if people had any recommendations as to what hall I should stay in – I am looking at both the Residential Village and the Urban Community. Thanks!
I lived on campus at Peninsula for 2 years but have friends who have lived at Clayton. Ultimately it comes down to what environment you prefer. Would you prefer to live a bit more by yourself and have a bit more privacy and that sort of thing? If so, urban community is probably where you'd go. If you'd prefer a bit more of a social atmosphere and a place where you really get used to living with other people and sharing kitchens, bathrooms, etc. then residential village is probably what you'd go for.
However if you want to live with other people but don't want too much of a party/social lifestyle, South East Flats is a good in between. It's less solitary than urban community but quieter than residential halls

ddvv

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2019, 05:08:59 pm »
I lived on campus at Peninsula for 2 years but have friends who have lived at Clayton. Ultimately it comes down to what environment you prefer. Would you prefer to live a bit more by yourself and have a bit more privacy and that sort of thing? If so, urban community is probably where you'd go. If you'd prefer a bit more of a social atmosphere and a place where you really get used to living with other people and sharing kitchens, bathrooms, etc. then residential village is probably what you'd go for.
However if you want to live with other people but don't want too much of a party/social lifestyle, South East Flats is a good in between. It's less solitary than urban community but quieter than residential halls

Thanks; I was leaning more towards the Urban Community so that I could have my own bathroom and kitchen but still wanted to have a fairly social experience/atmosphere. Do any of the halls in the Urban Community offer this?
I will be a first year so I would also like people around my age in the halls as well.