Archived Discussion > VCE Results and ATAR Discussion 2018

Could my ss be a mistake

(1/1)

Little Miss Cocopops:
Hi,
For Busman, I was rank 1 in a strong cohort.
I was averaging 97-100% in all my sacs throughout the year,
On the exam, I felt ok as thought I lost between 7-10 marks.
I only got 43 raw- a bit lower than expected.
Could this be a mistake?
What should I do??

PhoenixxFire:
It's possible that it's a mistake, however it could just be that you didn't do as well on the exam as you thought and your SACs got moderated down. If you want to look into it further then you should get a statement of marks (they cost about $10) and see what your actual score on the exam was. If something on there looks wrong (e.g. If you're sure you got a question right but it's marked wrong) then you can get an inspection of response materials and go over your exam with your teacher, if your teacher agrees that your answer was marked incorrectly then you can apply to have it checked for errors by VCAA.

vox nihili:

--- Quote from: Little Miss Cocopops on December 16, 2018, 12:59:36 pm ---Hi,
For Busman, I was rank 1 in a strong cohort.
I was averaging 97-100% in all my sacs throughout the year,
On the exam, I felt ok as thought I lost between 7-10 marks.
I only got 43 raw- a bit lower than expected.
Could this be a mistake?
What should I do??

--- End quote ---

You can request a statement of results and you can also request to see a copy of your exam. Information on how to do this should come with your letter in the mail.

I'd suggest it's probably not a mistake. 43 is an excellent score, well done.

EDIT: PF by a whisker

Friendsfvv:
43 is an excellent score.

I have a friend who scored A+/A+/A+ and only got a 43 study score. On the other hand, I knew someone who got A/A+/A+ got a higher study score.

You might've made some small mistakes on the exam which would've affected the study score. Losing a couple of marks in a competitive subject such as busman could knock your study score down by far once you're over the 40 range.

If I were you, I would order a statement of marks.

addict:
I only got 41 for Chinese. My grades were also A+/A+/A+. This isn't surprising since A+ covers quite a large range. I'd be ordering a statement if I got a 25 English when I expected 50, but if I were you I'd just let this one go. In subjects like this there's not much chance they'd bump your marks up. It's much more likely that you have made small errors on the exam when you were nervous and your SAC scores were moderated down. You won't be blaming yourself for the rest of your life over your errors on a subject which you'll never study again if you don't find out about those errors. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version