Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:10:59 am

Author Topic: Entertainment 2019 Multiple Choice Help  (Read 4645 times)

popjin

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Entertainment 2019 Multiple Choice Help
« on: April 08, 2020, 11:11:43 am »
EDIT: Added colour and an extra question

Hey, I've been going through past papers in preparation for Entertainment and came across a few questions I don't understand in the 2019 HSC paper.

Q4
A patron at a local theatre approaches an usher and demands to be seated in a different location due to a noisy group nearby. What is the most appropriate action to take in this situation?
A. Offer the patron a refund
B. Call security immediately
C. Confront the group and insist they calm down
D. Contact your supervisor and report the situation

B is clearly wrong, and A and D seemed excessive so I answered C. Can anyone explain why the answer is D?

Q6
The safety officer has placed a physical barrier around an area where people are working at height. Which level of the hierarchy of control does this action represent?
A.      Engineering
B.      Isolation
C.      Modification
D.      Substitution

For this question, I answered A since engineering includes erecting safeguards such as physical barriers.
Isolation isn't part of the risk control hierarchy, so I don't see why it isn't classified under engineering?

Q14
A key entertainment industry body has the following aims:
  • Negotiate industrial and commercial agreements that support industry growth and stability.
  • Propose solutions on a range of Federal and State Government policy issues.

What type of organisation is this?
A.      Employer group
B.      Employment agency     
C.      Government ministry     
D.      Professional association

For this one, I answered D and don't quite understand why the answer is A.

I'm quite confused so if anyone could explain this to me that'd be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:34:24 am by popjin »

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: Entertainment 2019 Multiple Choice Help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 11:19:58 am »
+2
HEY!!

Awesome subject and hopefully I can provide some help. I have a background in the entertainment industry, namely rigging, lighting and sound operation.
I understand the Q14 but I'm not too sure and don't think I could explain it to the level you need, however I can definitely help with Q4 and 6

Q4
Never put yourself in a situation you don't need to, Its not your job and its a job for a supervisor/manager. Same as if you were working and Maccas and there's a difficult customer its best to get your manager so that they can speak directly to the person in charge so the issue gets dealt with properly and directly by the person of authority.

Q6
the answer is B because the SO is isolating the area, Isolation is in fact in the risk control hierarchy, it is not A as they aren't modifying the hazard itself.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask more questions if I haven't made sense :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:27:50 am by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

popjin

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Entertainment 2019 Multiple Choice Help
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 11:33:57 am »
Hey, thanks for such a quick response!

Sorry about the edit, I didn't mean to pull a fast one on you. Q6 makes sense now, I'm not sure why I didn't have isolation in my notes. Q4 makes sense from a safety perspective, although I'd still probably try to resolve it myself IRL. For Q14 I guess I'll just need to brush up on all the relevant industry bodies and their functions.

Again, thanks for explaining it so clearly! Your post definitely helped me wrap my head around the customer service perspective.