Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:08:50 am

Author Topic: History: Revolutions: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 8097 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477

This thread is for all exam-related discussion. Was it easy? Was it hard? What did you get for each question? Feel free to post any and all of your thoughts below.

If you don't have an ATAR Notes account yet, no stress - you can register for free here!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:18:24 pm by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Rachel braden

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: History: Revolutions: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 01:42:05 pm »
Why is history revs exam out of 160?

derpson

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 01:52:02 pm »
Why is history revs exam out of 160?

It's double marked and the marks added together. 80 + 80 = 160 potential marks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:15:06 pm by derpson »

Rachel braden

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 04:00:18 pm »
Thanks

charlotte1120

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 09:21:54 pm »
How do people generally go in Revs? I've seen that you can get a 30 with 50% on the exam...

I feel so unprepared, how well do you think you could go with very limited historian interpretations in 10 marks and the essay?

Julianfarr

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 09:49:01 pm »
I'd say learn historiography now and you'll go just fine

Paige01

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 05:37:00 pm »
hey
so i did france section A and america section B.... felt like they were pretty good questions... not too difficult or anything...
that exam was literally a relief after all my dreaded expectations of it!  ;D
anyone else feel the same?

Dictionnaire de la Marche

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 05:57:39 pm »
hey
so i did france section A and america section B.... felt like they were pretty good questions... not too difficult or anything...
that exam was literally a relief after all my dreaded expectations of it!  ;D
anyone else feel the same?

Yep...I did the same sections and also felt that that they were very reasonable questions..no surprises!
After cramming for two days...I was very relieved!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 06:18:59 pm »
How did the exam go everyone? Did anyone do China and/or Russia? Can't believe I sat my Revs exam 3 years ago!

SemiAdapted

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 07:14:11 pm »
Did it today, was reasonably easy, did Russia for section A and China for section B, but I was a bit too stressed during the exam and I know I lost a lot of marks from it... Also blanked on some dates for the essay question, hoping my historiography will save me.

Robespierre

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 07:51:37 pm »
Hey,
Did France for section A and Russia section B. Questions were relatively fine in hindsight, but I blanked for some of them, especially the Russian essay. I've been getting A+ for my SACs, but hoping for at least an A for the exam. Given an average cohort, what score would I be looking at?
Thanks

charlotte1120

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 08:30:05 pm »
+1
I missed the second 10 mark on America Section A, I don't even know how, checked through my papers at the end and freaked out. Looking back now I would have been able to get atleast 5/10 for it too... oh well.
I'm estimating atleast 65%, my essay for Russia was pretty fly and scored A in my school SAC so im hoping I get good marks on that to cover for my lack of an entire 10 ugh.
Although, so happy when I saw the question on George Washington, he's my favourite to talk about.

Locinator

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 08:31:28 pm »
+1
Well done to everyone that did the exam today! the timing for revs exams is really tight for everyone, so don't freak out if you missed questions or did not write all you could have.

Does anyone have a copy of the exam by any chance? Would love to suss the questions :))
2016: Global Politics [37], Revolutions [43]

2017: English Language [30], Methods [30], Economics [43], Legal Studies [42]

Robespierre

• Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 09:09:09 pm »
+1
Won't be bothered writing down sources, but here it is:
Section A
America
Cause of Revolution
1. a) Using Source 1 and your own knowledge, identify and describe the group and individuals who became members of the Sons of Liberty.
b) Using Source 2 an your own knowledge, explain the method used by the Sons of Liberty and the Daughters of Liberty to protest against British actions
c) Evaluate the significance f popular movements in mobilizing society and challenging British authority. Use evidence to support your response.
Consequences of Revolution
2. Explain the significance of George Washington in the consolidation of the new regime up to 1789. Use evidence to support your response
3. Explain how the conditions of everyday life for Patriots and Loyalists from 4 July 1776 to 1789. Use evidence to support your response.

France
Causes of Revolution
1. a) Using Source 1 and your own knowledge, outline the reasons for Louis XVI's calling of the Estates-General
b) Using Source 2 and your own knowledge, explain how the calling and regulation f the Estates-General triggered inflicts in 1789
c) Evaluate the significance of Louis XVI in contributing to the outbreak of revolution in 1789. Use evidence to support your response
Consequence of Revolution
2. Explain how the outbreak and the course of war challenged the consolidated of the new regime. Use evidence to support your response
3. Explain the contribution of Maximilien Robespierre in the creation to the new society between 1789 and 1794. Use evidence to support your response

Russia
Causes of Revolution
1. a) Using Source 1 and your own knowledge, outline the reasons why there was support for Russia' decision to enter World War 1
b) Using Source 2 and your own knowledge, explain how the hardships experienced by Russian soldiers during WW1 weakened support for the Provisional Government.
c) Evaluate the significance of WW1 as a cause of both revolutions in Russia in 1917. Use evidence to support your response
2. Explain how War Communism changed the economic conditions in Russia. Use evidence to support your response
3. Explain how the Kronstadt Revolt challenged the consolidation of the new regime. Use evidence to support your response

China
Causes of Revolution
1. a) Using Source 1 and your own knowledge, outline the reasons for the formation of the First United Front
b) Using Source 2 and your own knowledge, explain the conflicts that developed within the First United Front
c) Evaluate the significance of the failure of the First United Front as a cause of the Chinese Revolution. Use evidence to support your response
2. Explain how the Fanshen land reform movement and Thought reform were used by the Chinese Communist Party to respond to the challenges of consolidating the Revolution. Use evidence to support your response
3. Explain how changing political conditions led to the fall of Lin Biao (Lin Piao). Use evidence to support your response

Section B
America
Causes of Revolution
1. "The Boston Tea Party and the Coercive Acts of 1774 were the most significant events contributing to the American Revolution'.
To what extent to you agree with this view                         
2. a) Explain how Source 1 and 2 depict the delegates who met in Philadelphia to write the Constitution
b) Using Source 3 and your own knowledge, explain how the process of ratifying the Constitution sought to fulfill revolutionary ideals
c) Analyse the challenges faced by the new regime in creating and maintaining a political system. Use evidence to support your response

France
Causes of Revolution
1. 'The production of the Cahiers de Doleances and political pamphlets were essential in mobilizing society and in contributing to the outbreak in France.
To what extent do you agree with this view
2. a) Using Source 1 and your own knowledge, explain how the economic challenges increased tensions in Paris by June 1792
b) Using Source 2 and 3 and your own knowledge, outline how the events of 10 August 1792 contributed to the abolition of absolute monarchy
c) Analyse the extent to which the responses of the urban workers in Paris challenged the consolidation of the new regime by 1795. Use evidence to support your response

Russia
Causes of Revolution
1. 'Without the critical influence of Lenin there would have been no Bolshevik seizure of power in October, 1917.'
To what extent do you agree with this view
2. a) Using Sources 1 and 2 and your own knowledge, describe the groups and individuals that opposed the new regime during the Civil War
b) Using Source 3 and your own knowledge, explain the importance of Trotsky's contribution to the Red Army's victory in the Civil War
c) Analyse the extent to which the new regime used the Red Terror to consolidate its power. Use evidence to support your response

China
Causes of Revolution
1. 'The Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945, weakened the Guomindang (Kuomintang) but strengthened the Chinese Communist Party
2. a) Using Source 1 and 2 and your own knowledge, outline the meassage the Beijing students wished to present about Mao Zedong (Mao Tse-Tung)
b) Using Source 3 and your own knowledge, explain the conditions in the period 1965-1969 that made images of Mao Zedong so important
c) Analyse how Mao Zedong used the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution to achieve his revolutionary ideals. Use evidence to support your response

Rachel braden

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 10:36:21 pm »
Hey,
How many marks lose off essay if ran out of time to do a conclusion?