Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:29:44 am

Author Topic: Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?  (Read 21824 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Re: Last Year of VCE: Will Elle take a big L?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 11:35:04 am »
+2
I feel that too, it's the strangest thing (isn't year 12 already stressful enough?) Good job on your psych and chemistry SACs (it sucks that you didn't get to do your bio though!)

I think that you should set yourself some goals (as checklist if that works for you?) of what you want to achieve. Maybe spend the first week doing some revision and then start to do holiday homework and move ahead with some of the content in the other weeks. Fit some UCAT prep in there when you can. Obviously just do what works for you and make sure you leave some time to relax too  :D

Of course we care! There are tonnes of people in this community that will always be happy to read your problems/successes and everything in between. Always feel free to message me or post on your journal when you need support  ;D ;D (atarnotes people are cool people, what can we say?)

All the best  8) -CM-

Thanks for all the kind words :)
I forgot to mention my school does 2 SACs per AOS so I’ve done

2x Chem
1x bio (cause the second one got cancelled)
And 1.5x psych (the first sac was all of AOS1 for some reason and the sac yesterday was a quarter of AOS2 I guess??)

So I’m not missing out to much on bio, thankfully. About UCAT I’m struggling where to start. I can’t seem to access all the recommended modules (if you have medentry of course if you don’t sorry for assuming!)
Congratulations on completing your Psychology and Chemistry SACs! Yeah, revising over content is good especially so that you can target the areas where you have gaps in your knowledge. That way, you'll have a good grasp of everything. I think you should do both like CM suggested. That way, you'll have the benefits of learning new content and also the benefits of clarifying any misconceptions.
Thanks! My school splits AOS into 2 SACs so those were my second SACs for those subjects :) and thanks for all the kind words Evolio.
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 02:22:58 pm »
Hey,
I was going to post this last night, and i know its easier said then done, but feel free to reach out whenever you need, year 12 is stressful and we all need somebody to lean on sometimes :)
I honestly feel your pain I was supposed to sit two SACs today (Bio and Legal) as well and its a pin cause you'll have to revise again for them whenever school chooses to sit them yay  ::)
Do you have any goals/tasks for this school holidays, to help you achieve your ultimate goals??
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2020, 02:28:48 pm »
Hey,
I was going to post this last night, and i know its easier said then done, but feel free to reach out whenever you need, year 12 is stressful and we all need somebody to lean on sometimes :)
I honestly feel your pain I was supposed to sit two SACs today (Bio and Legal) as well and its a pin cause you'll have to revise again for them whenever school chooses to sit them yay  ::)
Do you have any goals/tasks for this school holidays, to help you achieve your ultimate goals??

To be honest no. But maybe just focusing on really consolidating the first AOS for all my subjects we have already learned and making notes which I didn’t have time to (especially for psych). And just really grinding methods and doing UCAT. Then I guess I’ll start on the next AOS if I have time? (sounds crazy to think I’ll run out of time being house bound for three weeks).
What about you? Maybe I could steal some of your ideas ;)
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2020, 02:37:27 pm »
+1
To be honest no. But maybe just focusing on really consolidating the first AOS for all my subjects we have already learned and making notes which I didn’t have time to (especially for psych). And just really grinding methods and doing UCAT. Then I guess I’ll start on the next AOS if I have time? (sounds crazy to think I’ll run out of time being house bound for three weeks).
What about you? Maybe I could steal some of your ideas ;)

I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to complete any form of study with the idea of remote learning (exciting but tbh I love going to school like Year 12 is hard but so fun) but I am planning on making sure I am up to date with Edrolo, textbook questions, and write some practice essays and if after that I'm feeling motivated I'll probably re-read my english texts and start making notes for the next area of study for my subjects :)
— VCE —

— University —

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2020, 08:57:35 pm »
+1
I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to complete any form of study with the idea of remote learning (exciting but tbh I love going to school like Year 12 is hard but so fun) but I am planning on making sure I am up to date with Edrolo, textbook questions, and write some practice essays and if after that I'm feeling motivated I'll probably re-read my english texts and start making notes for the next area of study for my subjects :)

Omg that just gave me inspiration! Although I have no books from the library I can read the English texts which I have not read yet!! Thanks :)
My motivation is also waning I’m planning to start doing work tommrow hopefully....
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2020, 02:41:22 pm »
+4
I just got my English creative sac back and only got 83%. I feel so worthless maybe I should give up getting an atar that high. I can’t rven begin to imagine how many people are ranked above me. I wish I could just die. I tried so hard but I still couldn’t do it. I think I give up. There’s no way I could even maybe get a 35. I don’t know why I ever though I was good enough because I’m not. Oh well there’s three weeks till school I guess
My avatar sums up life.

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2020, 02:58:16 pm »
+2
I just got my English creative sac back and only got 83%. I feel so worthless maybe I should give up getting an atar that high. I can’t rven begin to imagine how many people are ranked above me. I wish I could just die. I tried so hard but I still couldn’t do it. I think I give up. There’s no way I could even maybe get a 35. I don’t know why I ever though I was good enough because I’m not. Oh well there’s three weeks till school I guess

It sucks you didn't achieve the mark you wanted, I honestly understand how you feel. If its any consolation there was a girl that went to my school once and she did alright on all of her sacs and the exam but here's the twist she went on a holiday during one of the sacs and got a 0 for it yet she still managed to pull a 33. I think you should be proud for your 83% as that has the potential to get you a 40 provided you do just as, if not better on your other sac's and the exam. Try not to focus on the uncertain for all you know you could, admittedly be ranked poorly but you dont know that for certain. You could be ranked like 3rd or hell even 2nd point is you never know and pondering it won't help you. Easier said than done but maybe you can try and use it as a source of motivation to do better? you have 3 weeks to use to your advantage :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:01:21 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —

— University —

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2020, 03:02:57 pm »
+4
It sucks you didn't achieve the mark you wanted, I honestly understand how you feel. If its any consolation there was a girl that went to my school once and she did alright on all of her sacs and the exam but here's the twist she went on a holiday during one of the sacs and got a 0 for it yet she still managed to pull a 33. I think you should be proud for your 83% as that has the potential to get you a 40 provided you do just as, if not better on your other sac's and the exam. Try not to focus on the uncertain for all you know you could, admittedly be ranked poorly but you dont know that for certain. You could be ranked like 3rd or hell even 2nd point is you never know and pondering it won't help you. Easier said than done but maybe you can try and use it as a source of motivation to do better? you have 3 weeks to use to your advantage :)

And I guess the creative isn’t on the exam right? And it did seem to be lowest score/weakest area last year ( I think I got maybe 78 or something?)so maybe the same will be true for this year? Thanks for the good advice
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2020, 09:26:03 pm »
+4
Just got my psych sac results back! Although it was only half a sac (so worth a quarter of aos 2) I’m really happy with my score. I got 24/25. I was not feeling confident at all especially with all the anxiety about it (suddenly?) being the last day of schools. It kind of offsets how bad I did in English yesterday. And although it’s only worth 2% of my study score I’ve decided I should be proud.

Anyway in regard to my super long break today I did some electrolysis faradays law stuff (they expect us to self teach all of chapter 9!!!!). And a bit of UCAT and I’m slowly improving in verbal reasoning! I can’t see myself ever being in the 80th or 90th percentile but only time will tell. I’m about to do a bit of Methods before I call it an early night (I’ve been sleeping after midnight lately!). Hopefully tommorow I can run 5km and do some more school stuff. I also watched 2 bad movies today
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2020, 12:03:14 pm »
+3
I got my chemistry sac back and it was B A D. 72% I was aiming for an 80% and just fell short. I know it’s better to see whether you can improve instead of dwelling on your mark. But we received our results over email :( so I may have had a little cry about it but it made me feel a little better about English which I thought was low but this is a new level.

On the bright side the average was low so I’m not the only one who struggled. I’m really worried about my ranking though. I’ve been above average in both SACs and since my school splits up SACs this is equivalent to 1 AOS1 sac so 8% of my study score. I can’t help stressing. My rank is probably like 90/180 😫 I’m gonna kiss that 40 in chem goodbye.
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2020, 10:08:46 am »
+5
Does anyone else spend a lot of time worrying about what everyone’s doing? I’m so worried that everyone’s better than me and I’m not doing enough but I’m doing the best I can. But I still don’t think it’s good enough because I can’t even imagine what everyone else is doing it’s probably so much more. I told myself I wouldn’t gone back over AOS1 for all my subjects but I’ve still haven’t done it for most of them so I’ve extended my deadline to next Wednesday. I’ve been doing UCAT and I still feel like I’m doing nothing. I really want to cry because I’m trying so hard to improve but I’m still not good enough. I don’t think I’ll ever be good enough I think I should just give up but I really can’t relax I think I should really talk to someone about this but I’m not sure it’s just really hard. It’s so suffocating. I’m really disspaointed in myself, but when am I not?
My avatar sums up life.

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2020, 12:17:16 pm »
+2
Exams have been postponed and there will be no SACs in term 2. I have no idea what to do with myself. I’ve been doing 1 hour of UCAT and 2 hours of VCE a day (which is not much by atarnotes standards haha) but now I feel like I should do even less. If exams are in December at earliest I want to avoid burning out of becoming bored of content. Should I study as normal and then at end of year just space out prac exams so I can get heaps done????
My avatar sums up life.

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2020, 12:30:12 pm »
+3
Does anyone else spend a lot of time worrying about what everyone’s doing? I’m so worried that everyone’s better than me and I’m not doing enough but I’m doing the best I can. But I still don’t think it’s good enough because I can’t even imagine what everyone else is doing it’s probably so much more. I told myself I wouldn’t gone back over AOS1 for all my subjects but I’ve still haven’t done it for most of them so I’ve extended my deadline to next Wednesday. I’ve been doing UCAT and I still feel like I’m doing nothing. I really want to cry because I’m trying so hard to improve but I’m still not good enough. I don’t think I’ll ever be good enough I think I should just give up but I really can’t relax I think I should really talk to someone about this but I’m not sure it’s just really hard. It’s so suffocating. I’m really disspaointed in myself, but when am I not?

Hey Elle, I'm certain you're not alone! Just remember that everyone feels like giving up sometimes, but it's the people who persist when feeling this way that will achieve their goals and feel satisfied that they gave it their all. It seems like you are putting in a lot of work and trying your best, this is ALL that matters. In my opinion, if you do your best, then it's easier to not compare yourself to others. Remember, if you give up now all the work you've already done will go to waste (and it will just get harder to find motivation). Just keep at it and it will hopefully get easier! We totally believe in you and have got your back  ;D ;D

Exams have been postponed and there will be no SACs in term 2. I have no idea what to do with myself. I’ve been doing 1 hour of UCAT and 2 hours of VCE a day (which is not much by atarnotes standards haha) but now I feel like I should do even less. If exams are in December at earliest I want to avoid burning out of becoming bored of content. Should I study as normal and then at end of year just space out prac exams so I can get heaps done????

First, I think a lot of year 12s are feeling this way so try not to worry too much! I would say continue to study like normal as it will give you something to aim for each day, but also make sure you are taking adequate amounts of relaxing time. If you feel like you are getting tired or starting to burn out, then simply take a day off or two to regain some motivation, and then get back into it.

Personally, I think continuing to work like normal and give everything your best shot is a great thing to hold on to during isolation :) Of course, you will have to go back to online learning soon so if you are on top of work before this begins, you'll hopefully feel better

Hope this (kinda) helps - CM -
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

J_Rho

• Forum Leader
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2020, 12:42:06 pm »
+2

It's a super weird situation and I don't think there is a right or wrong way to approach it, other than trying your best and enjoying your year which is definitely easier said than done. I constantly compare myself to others and I'm wondering how they are spending their holidays and if I'm studying enough/the right way. I personally am going to continue as normal, and be grateful that i have more time for exam revision and past papers. I defs think burning out is a fear with the finish line being pushed further ahead but I think we all need to make sure to study hard and play/rest just as hard. I'm defs feeling less motivated knowing I'm probably not really going to be going back to school next term and that exams are even further away but i think that the transition to online learning won't be as bad as we are expecting but it'll still be hard to stay motivated. But this is why we are all here, even though we are online we can lean on each other and seek support just as you have and many others have though their journals and other posts. We are all here for each other, now more than ever and it is completely fine to feel like giving up, its okay to feel like shit like sometimes ill sit on the floor of the shower crying but nevertheless I pick myself up and keep going.

You are strong and you have already overcome so many obstacles,  this one is not going to stop you from achieving everything you want to achieve and we are all cheering you on from the sideline, you got this girl!
— VCE —

— University —

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2020, 10:32:52 pm »
+2
It’s only the second day online but I feel so usless. I feel like such a burden reaching out to teachers. I’m so scared to email them or ask questions over zoom. I know I’ve got to be brave and overcome this fear but I’m so scared and it’s such a real fear (even though it’s irrational). I have no idea what to do. I feel like the questions I’m asking are too dumb and I don’t know what to do. I know it’s in my head but when they email back I feel like they same angry or like I’m wasting their time and I feel really bad and it was hard enough asking for help in real life. That made me feel bad also :(
My avatar sums up life.