Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 04:00:34 pm

Author Topic: Japanese ss 35? (and tips)  (Read 1281 times)  Share 

eHdnomyaR

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Japanese ss 35? (and tips)
« on: September 11, 2018, 08:09:03 pm »
Hi,
I was just wondering how achievable would a 35 in japanese SL be as well as if I would be ready for units 1&2 (as well as 3&4), assuming that I have studied about a year and will be commencing 1&2 next year.
Our class has gone through basic stuff like plain and polite and all the basic grammar, and we are currently doing relative clauses.
I am also currently studying chinese 1&2 so kanji isn't  that much of a problem for me (currently self studying the Japanese pronunciations).

The main reason this question was raised was because compared to Saturday chinese school, it feels like we are moving at a relatively slow pace and i'm afraid that I won't be able to catch up to people who have been learning the language since primary school or secondary.

Any help is appreciated.  :)

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Japanese ss 35? (and tips)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 09:13:56 pm »
Hey there! Studying a language for a longer period of time doesn't always correlate with how skilled they are at the language, let alone doing well in VCE LOTE subjects. Don't worry about it. As long as you put in the effort and time, that SS is completely achievable.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread