Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:26:13 pm

Author Topic: Psychology - Learning change.  (Read 953 times)  Share 

VCEAcc34

Psychology - Learning change.
« on: June 21, 2011, 03:39:23 pm »
Can someone explain this part of learning?

The organism changes etc., i don't really understand the change part.

MeLucky

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: Psychology - Learning change.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 04:47:33 pm »
The organism doesn't change. Learning creates a CHANGE in behaviour of the organism
Bleh.

REBORN

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:18:06 pm »
Be careful there....

technically the organism does change because their brain changes as learning changes the brain neurons....
Doctor of Medicine

VCEAcc34

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 06:56:34 pm »
I'm actually talking about how Change can be immediate or delayed and how change is prevented from the lack of oppotunity.

I don't really get the examples in the book so i was hoping someone here could give me a better description which would help me understand it more clearer.

REBORN

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 07:17:57 pm »
What book is this? :S
Doctor of Medicine

VCEAcc34

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 08:57:50 pm »
The notion of change is an important part of the definition of learning, because something must be different about an organism after learning hast taken place. The change in behaviour may be immediate (for example, changing a tennis serve immediately after a coach suggests a way to improve it), or the change may be delayed and actually occur sometime after learning as taken place (for example, changing a tennis serve the next time you play tennis after watching an instructional video. Furthermore, the change may be possible but not evident because of a lack of opportunity. (For example, by watching Roger Federer in a tournament you know how to improve your tennis serve but you never play tennis). Consequently, learning refers to the potential to behave in a particular way, as well as behaviour that is observed to take place.

^^I typed out the part i had trouble with. Can someone explain the parts i've highlited?

MeLucky

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 11:39:11 pm »
Pretty much means change in behaviour can be either immediate(happen straight away) or the change may occur later(delayed).
And the change in behaviour may be possible to happen but is not evident(shown or displayed?)because of a lack of opportunity as in they don't have a chance to change the behaviour.

I thought the examples explained it pretty well?
Bleh.