Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:11:08 am

Author Topic: How do I improve on English  (Read 779 times)  Share 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
How do I improve on English
« on: March 26, 2020, 05:35:01 pm »
+1
Hey guys so I just got my results for English and I found out I barely passed. Seriously how do I improve and get better? I have tried everything and nothing seems to be working.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: How do I improve on English
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:45:13 pm »
+3
Hey guys so I just got my results for English and I found out I barely passed. Seriously how do I improve and get better? I have tried everything and nothing seems to be working.
A very general method I think most people have used is the following:
keep writing essays -> get them marked/analysed/improved by teacher's/tutors -> implement feedback into your new essays and continue the cycle

The more essays you write the easier they get and the more familiar you will be with the content. If a student writes enough during the year by the time they get to the exam they already have a heap of ideas that they have fleshed out in detail and can write an essay for the exam questions with minimal thinking since they have done all that during the year.

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 06:51:09 pm »
+3
@Stombreaker-X I haven't gotten my first SAC back yet but I only got a C+ on my practice one  :'( I know the feeling but its great you're seeking to improve!!
You might want to have a look at this post you might also want to have a chat to your teacher?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:00:05 pm by J_Rho »
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 04:35:24 pm »
@Stombreaker-X I haven't gotten my first SAC back yet but I only got a C+ on my practice one  :'( I know the feeling but its great you're seeking to improve!!
You might want to have a look at this post you might also want to have a chat to your teacher?
I feel your pain, I got a D on my test and ya know it kills me. Doing practice test can help, but it sucks when your teacher takes forever to mark them. 

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 04:42:42 pm »
I feel your pain, I got a D on my test and ya know it kills me. Doing practice test can help, but it sucks when your teacher takes forever to mark them.
Or if they never do it  :P
Have you thought about asking a different teacher to mark your essays?? or sending the same essay to a few different teachers?
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP