Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 07:27:46 pm

Author Topic: Help with getting a statement of marks  (Read 2922 times)

mitchdow

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Help with getting a statement of marks
« on: December 14, 2018, 04:19:48 pm »
+1
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering, in Legal Studies I have barely dropped a mark all year, and felt really good in the exam, coming out with A+ A+ A+ however with a 42 study score. This is good, but the rank 2 in my cohort ended up with a 48. Should I make an application to see a statement of my marks? I don’t want to seem petty, but I really thought I did better in the exam. Thanks!!

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
Re: Help with getting a statement of marks
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 04:38:18 pm »
+5
Hi Mitch! This isn’t petty at all. Applying for a statement of marks is due process if you’re ever iffy about your results. VCAA assessors, markers and publishers are humans too, so the best course of action for you right now is to ease your confusion by doing all you can to get your questions answered. And that includes applying for a statement of marks.

Even if things come out the same, congratulations on your score! Anything above a forty is admirable. :)

Edit: also, Legal is an extremely competitive subject. A difference of 5 or 6 marks in the final exam can separate you and rank 2 drastically.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:43:13 pm by secretly_a_poet »
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
Re: Help with getting a statement of marks
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 11:09:30 pm »
+1
Get a statement of marks, do whatever you have to do to find peace with your scores. You never know if an error was made somewhere or more likely- where you can improve on things in the future