Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 06:08:27 pm

Author Topic: PDHPE Questions (will upload my response soon!)  (Read 1046 times)

abhiroop.pal1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
PDHPE Questions (will upload my response soon!)
« on: December 11, 2018, 09:05:54 pm »
Hey!

I've been assigned questions to do and I'm really struggling to figure out what to include.

Can someone help me out?

Discuss the nergy systems utilised by the endurance and power athlete (4mks)

Explain 3 physiological adaptations these athletes may develop in response to the different principles of  training. Use exampless to ssupport your answer. (6mks)

How do anxiety and arousal differ in terms of their effect on athletic performance? (4mks)

Describe the different recovery strategies used by both types of athlete sto improve performance provide examples (6mks)

Thanks!!!!!!

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: PDHPE Questions (will upload my response soon!)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 06:31:14 pm »
+1
Hi...
I have given you some pointers for each, hopefully this might clarify what you should include.  :)

Discuss the energy systems utilised by the endurance and power athlete (4mks)
- Think about whether the athletes use the ATP/CP system, lactic acid system or aerobic system.
- As it is a "discuss" question, you need to provide multiple points on the topic. E.g. There could be multiple systems these athletes use, or the system might change according to the nature of the sport.

Explain 3 physiological adaptations these athletes may develop in response to the different principles of  training. Use examples to support your answer. (6mks)
- The physiological adaptations are listed in the syllabus. Some will occur for both endurance and power, others are specific to the type of body system trained (the above question).
- Remember that explain means to "relate cause and effect", so the cause in this instance is the principles of training, and the effect is the physiological adaptations (with a further effect of improved performance - though I'm not sure if this is relevant here  :)).
- For the examples aspect, pick a principle of training, then a type of exercise/sport. Identifying what type of energy system will help you to establish which physiological adaptations will apply to your chosen examples.

How do anxiety and arousal differ in terms of their effect on athletic performance? (4mks)
- Anxiety is psychological, arousal is physiological.
- Think about optimum arousal and the Inverted-U Hypothesis.
- Explore whether each are positive or negative, or could be both.

Describe the different recovery strategies used by both types of athlete to improve performance provide examples (6mks)
- Provide some characteristics and features of some recovery strategies that are well suited to the nature of the sport (though I don't think you can go wrong here, each of the strategies should work well for both power and endurance).
- As for examples, they need to be more specific to distinguish them from your characteristics or features. E.g. your characteristics and features of psychological strategies may be choosing a leisure activity that is non-strenuous, calming and should be adapted to suit personality and interests. Your example may be a dancer listening to their favourite music post-performance.
- Your example should be suitable for the characteristics and features you provide.

Hope this is helpful, feel free to ask any further questions if you don't understand what I have written (I am not great at explaining things haha  :)).
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD