Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:10:42 am

Author Topic: HOSPITALITY  (Read 5662 times)

zoe.a.bird

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
HOSPITALITY
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:53:39 pm »
Hey, guys!
I've been searching online but i can't really find any complete course notes for hospitality does anyone know any website where i can access them or is anyone willing to share notes??
it'd be a tremendous help:)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: HOSPITALITY
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 08:18:16 pm »
+3
Hey, guys!
I've been searching online but i can't really find any complete course notes for hospitality does anyone know any website where i can access them or is anyone willing to share notes??
it'd be a tremendous help:)

Hey,
I did Hospitality (food and beverage stream) last year. My summaries  are uploaded in the notes section here as well as some others.
Hope this helps!! Feel free to ask me any questions that you may have!  ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

jessica.c23

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 06:48:12 pm »
Studying for Food and Bev. Any tips?? how do you remember so much for the exam??   :'(

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 08:57:32 pm »
+2
Studying for Food and Bev. Any tips?? how do you remember so much for the exam??   :'(
Hey,
Welcome to Atar Notes!!  :D

One of the main things I did to study and remember information for hospitality was create a lot of flashcards based on the syllabus and go through them often. These are my quizlets for hospitality: General syllabus flashcardsand Source and use Information on the Hospitality Industry.

I also found making mind maps on my whiteboard with definitions and industry related examples a really helpful to study. Helping and teaching other people the content forced me to find a way to clearly explain it in a way others could understand.

Make sure you do practise extended responses or essay plans. Even just dot points work well! Make sure you include industry examples either from your own experiences or work placement. Plan out this extended response during your exam.

During the exam make sure you leave the questions you can't do/remember the first time to come back to. Have a plan for how you will approach the paper: for example I did the paper in order but one of my friends did the extended response first because she didn't finish it in her trials.

If you have any questions about the course content feel free to add them in the question thread and I'll get back to you! Hop this helps! Good luck with your exams!  ;D

Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality

amyho123123123

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 06:00:32 pm »
Hi, I just finished my food and beverage exam. I forgot to add conclusion to my extended responses. I wondering how many marks can you lose.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 10:20:50 pm »
+1
Hi, I just finished my food and beverage exam. I forgot to add conclusion to my extended responses. I wondering how many marks can you lose.
Hey,
I don't think you'd lose too many marks at all! The content is more important in your extended responses then a finished conclusion. I'm pretty sure I only had a 1-2 sentence conclusion for my extended response in the exam and it still went well.

Hope this helps!   :D