Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 07:18:53 am

Author Topic: How do I make my work stand out?  (Read 1063 times)  Share 

TheIllusion

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
How do I make my work stand out?
« on: February 08, 2019, 07:27:50 pm »
Hello AN,
As I was reading the analytical responses of other students in my cohort, I noticed mine and many others were practically the same (although some were quite good). I was just wondering what would be the best way to make my work stand out from the others.
Thanks
2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

2020: ?

BlameTheKulaks

• Adventurer
Re: How do I make my work stand out?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 08:49:13 pm »
Hello AN,
As I was reading the analytical responses of other students in my cohort, I noticed mine and many others were practically the same (although some were quite good). I was just wondering what would be the best way to make my work stand out from the others.
Thanks

Without context it is kinda hard to pinpoint where you could improve.
I guess in a more general sense, discussing the interplay of short term triggers and long term conditions is a great way to show complexity.
It kinda depends on what is being asked/discussed.
2017: Psychology [37]
2018: English [50], Revolutions [48], Legal [44], Philosophy [41], Global Politics [43]
ATAR: 98.95

2019: LLB (Hons) / BA @ Monash
Tutoring French and Russian revs - PM if interested!

TheIllusion

• Forum Regular
Re: How do I make my work stand out?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 10:55:26 pm »
Thanks for your response BlameTheKulaks,
T
Without context it is kinda hard to pinpoint where you could improve.
I guess in a more general sense, discussing the interplay of short term triggers and long term conditions is a great way to show complexity.
It kinda depends on what is being asked/discussed.
The question I was answering was, "Referring to the excerpt from Simon Schama on p. 1.14 of the Reader, explain why he believes that the French involvement in the American War of Independence was an important turning point in the Revolution".

2019: English 3/4, Further Mathematics 3/4, Mathematical Methods 3/4, Revolutions 3/4, Software Development 3/4

2020: ?