Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:32:41 am

Author Topic: Evaluate recent and recommended reforms  (Read 3272 times)  Share 

hdxx

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Evaluate recent and recommended reforms
« on: November 08, 2018, 01:25:36 pm »
Has anyone evaluated some recent and recommended reforms they could send me? Thank you! I find this so confusing

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
Re: Evaluate recent and recommended reforms
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 12:32:21 pm »
+3
Hey! The evaluation really comes down to selecting a recent or recommended reform and then critically thinking about whether they do or do not achieve the principles of justice. What reforms are you thinking of talking about in your exam? Have a go at writing down a response and we can go from there :)
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

hdxx

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:47:14 pm »
Hey thank you, thats where I am a bit lost. Do I need to know a recent and recommended reform for costs, time and accessibility for both criminal and civil law? or do I just choose one recent and one recommended from each civil and criminal ?

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 01:57:38 pm »
+3
The study design says that we are required to know a recent and recommended reform for cost, time and cultural factors for criminal, and cost, time and accessibility factors for civil. Therefore, if you want to play it safe, you should know one recent and one recommended reform for each. (Because worst case scenario, the exam can ask for students to write about a recommended reform addressing time, for example). However, imo, I believe it is more likely a question will ask us to refer to a recent and/or recommended reform in relation to the criminal/civil justice system, so if you're feeling pushed for time in terms of learning content, I'd say learning one-two recent and recommended reforms for both the criminal and civil justice system as a whole should be sufficient. No guarantee though, unfortunately.
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

meganrobyn

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 03:35:38 pm »
+3
The study design says that we are required to know a recent and recommended reform for cost, time and cultural factors for criminal, and cost, time and accessibility factors for civil. Therefore, if you want to play it safe, you should know one recent and one recommended reform for each. (Because worst case scenario, the exam can ask for students to write about a recommended reform addressing time, for example). However, imo, I believe it is more likely a question will ask us to refer to a recent and/or recommended reform in relation to the criminal/civil justice system, so if you're feeling pushed for time in terms of learning content, I'd say learning one-two recent and recommended reforms for both the criminal and civil justice system as a whole should be sufficient. No guarantee though, unfortunately.

Just quickly go and read the wording of the Study Design again on that one.
[Update: full for 2018.] I give Legal lectures through CPAP, and am an author for the CPAP 'Legal Fundamentals' textbook and the Legal 3/4 Study Guide.
Available for private tutoring in English and Legal Studies.
Experience in Legal 3/4 assessing; author of Legal textbook; degrees in Law and English; VCE teaching experience in Legal Studies and English. Legal Studies [50] English [50] way back when.
Good luck!

hdxx

• Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 06:05:05 pm »
What do you mean?

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 12:03:07 pm »
+2
Just quickly go and read the wording of the Study Design again on that one.

What do you mean?

Megan is correct; my explanation was a tad incorrect, sorry! The study design actually states that we are required to know reforms that achieve the principles of justice (not one for each factor of cost, time and access). The Justice & Outcomes textbook splits its reforms under these categories, however. Just make sure whatever reform you choose to write about, you mention how it achieves the principles of justice.