Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 08:45:52 pm

Author Topic: Science - subject advice  (Read 667 times)  Share 

rbe999

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +6
Science - subject advice
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:22:34 pm »
Hi!
I’m a first year science student and I was just hoping for some advice about my subjects. I’m currently enrolled in biology of cells and organisms, chemistry 1, calculus 1 and Spanish 1 (as my breadth). I’m not sure what I want to do after my degree yet so I think I have to do maths, chem and bio to leave my options open. However, I also really enjoy psychology and it was my best subject in VCE. I am considering dropping Spanish to do mind, brain and behaviour 1 instead but am not sure if this is a bad idea (in terms of workload and the fact that I would have to do breadth each semester in 2nd and 3rd year). I would really appreciate any advice/opinions anyone has. Thanks!

MB_

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Unspecified and mysterious
  • Respect: +60
Re: Science - subject advice
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 06:41:02 pm »
I would do MBB1 if you were quite keen on it. If a psych major was something you'd possibly like to keep open, it's best to do it now as it would be difficult to pick it up later and you can always take on Spanish or other breaths over second/third year or summer/winter. I'm not sure what the workload is of Spanish but MBB1 isn't too bad. The assigments do take up time and you have to stay on top of lecture content but it's manageable.

2015-16: VCE
2017-: BSci UoM - Maths & Psych