Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:06:12 am

Author Topic: How did everyone find it?  (Read 8207 times)  Share 

Hannah_Banana

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Re: How did everyone find it?
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2012, 01:39:34 pm »
Spoke to my teacher and she said that it would be best to mention both royal assent and proclamation, however she thought VCAA might accept either if the reasoning was justified :)
ATAR: 87.30
English (37), Legal Studies (38), Further Maths (32), Psychology (43), Revolutions (34) and Studio Arts (38)

2013: Arts at the University of Melbourne and eventually doing a post-grad in law

dantan

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 03:55:44 pm »
I thought it was a very interesting paper, in that it wasn't as straightforward as it has been in the past. Mainly because questions weren't, evaluate, or 'give strengths and weaknesses.' It was rather a lot more, 'discuss' which gave a lot more scope for personal interpretation as well as ambiguity. So I think the spread of marks will be greater than it has been in previous years, but that's just what I think.

I changed from Proclamation to Royal Ascent after reading the question again, but I think it would be silly of VCAA not to accept both answers though, as technically both were 'referred to' in some way or another.

Smarter VCE Lectures, Classes and Resources

Use my promo code 'daniel' to save 10% on classes and lectures.

2012: ATAR: 98.90; Economics [47]
Present: Bachelor of Commerce & Bachelor of Music at Monash University

I'm also available to tutor in Economics.

KristyDanielle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2012, 06:40:59 pm »
I thought it was a very interesting paper, in that it wasn't as straightforward as it has been in the past. Mainly because questions weren't, evaluate, or 'give strengths and weaknesses.' It was rather a lot more, 'discuss' which gave a lot more scope for personal interpretation as well as ambiguity. So I think the spread of marks will be greater than it has been in previous years, but that's just what I think.

I changed from Proclamation to Royal Ascent after reading the question again, but I think it would be silly of VCAA not to accept both answers though, as technically both were 'referred to' in some way or another.

I agree with you. I did many practice papers before hand and I found this year's paper far more complex in regards to some questions. It was too open and not clarified enough. But yes, hopefully the VCAA will be lenient with their marking as many questions were highly ambiguous.

dantan

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2012, 11:37:14 am »
Yes, I believe that it will be one of those papers where there are a lot of suggested elements that could be included in answers and as long as they were reasonably justified, then it would be given marks. Well I hope that's the case...

Smarter VCE Lectures, Classes and Resources

Use my promo code 'daniel' to save 10% on classes and lectures.

2012: ATAR: 98.90; Economics [47]
Present: Bachelor of Commerce & Bachelor of Music at Monash University

I'm also available to tutor in Economics.

Azerel

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Jackpot!
  • Respect: +4
  • School: Sky High
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2012, 06:58:29 pm »
Much confusion on Court of Appeal and Trial Division question  ::)
20-12/13 aims: Philosophy [45+], Physics[40+], Methods[40+], English Language [45+], Legal Studies[3.5+ Increment], Justice [4.0+ Increment]

Aim: Superhero/Villain

OliviaJ

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 09:09:14 pm »
I found it pretty hard to be honest

Azerel

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Jackpot!
  • Respect: +4
  • School: Sky High
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 11:01:57 pm »
Honestly, the exam felt more of a comprehension exercise rather than a test of knowledge.
The large amounts of ambiguity and broadness within the questions definitely contributed to the difficulty of the exam...
20-12/13 aims: Philosophy [45+], Physics[40+], Methods[40+], English Language [45+], Legal Studies[3.5+ Increment], Justice [4.0+ Increment]

Aim: Superhero/Villain

KristyDanielle

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2012, 04:45:19 am »
Honestly, the exam felt more of a comprehension exercise rather than a test of knowledge.
The large amounts of ambiguity and broadness within the questions definitely contributed to the difficulty of the exam...

Yes. I absolutely agree.